:sunglasses: 33.3 % :laughing: 66.7 %
By Samanfur
Lawyers: Sex abuse lawsuit against Prince Andrew settled

NEW YORK (AP) — A tentative settlement has been reached in a l awsuit accusing Prince Andrew of sexually abusing Virginia Giuffre when she was 17 years old in which the prince will make a substantial donation to the charity of his accuser and says he never intended to malign her character, according to a court filing Tuesday.

Attorney David Boies, who represents Giuffre, said in a filing in Manhattan federal court that lawyers on both sides were informing the judge that a settlement in principle has been reached and they’ll request a dismissal of the lawsuit within a month.

Meanwhile, the letter said, the judge should suspend all deadlines and hold the action in abeyance.

Giuffre sued Andrew in August. The American accused the British royal of sexually abusing her when she was 17 while she traveled with financier Jeffrey Epstein.

Andrew has strenuously denied Giuffre’s allegations and attempted to get the lawsuit tossed.

Attached to the letter by Boies was a statement that read: “Virginia Giuffre and Prince Andrew have reached an out of court settlement. The parties will file a stipulated dismissal upon Ms. Giuffre’s receipt of the settlement (the sum of which is not being disclosed).
By Abernathy
Well, who saw that coming? Everybody, that’s who.

So Andy never meant to malign Giuffre’s character, eh? But he did mean to sexually assault her.

Kind of stinks, doesn’t it? Saves Brenda’s platinum jubilee clamjamfray from being overshadowed, I dare say.
By Andy McDandy
So he's in the clear and nobody's allowed to say he was found guilty of being a nonce.

What is it with these fuckers and their fucking twisted codes of "honour" that all seem to rely on "well, technically..."?

With any luck Brenda will cut him off, the settlement will clean him out, and he'll be next spotted outside Woking's Pizza Express after closing time with a flower in his hair and "Get it here" sign.
By MisterMuncher
Settling out of court isn't necessarily the same as being found against, and is sometimes to save the time, money and reputational damage of a court case. I'm sure these apply to the man of functionality infinite wealth with no real job who everyone already thought was a cunt.
By kreuzberger
It's just another case of the rules not applying if you have enough money.

I have done it myself. I park illegally if the 15€ fine is worth the avoided hassle.

I don't, for the record, fuck children and buy them off with millions of pictures of my own mother.
Spoonman, Andy McDandy, Watchman and 1 others liked this
By Abernathy
Saw a good tweet summing up the chronology:
I’ve never heard of her, and I’ve never met her.
I was in Woking at Pizza Express.
I can’t sweat.
I’m going to defend this and I want a trial by jury.

Here is a huge bag of cash.
kreuzberger, Nigredo, AOB liked this
By Watchman
And I hope the cash is accounted for, from the so called sale of his ski lodge, and not the tax payer, although we probably payed for the ski lodge in the first place
By Abernathy
The key thing is, I think, that an out of court settlement is, in mot people's books, tantamount to an admission of guilt, even if Andy’s PR has been careful to avoid any admission of liability in their public announcement.

I certainly think he is as guilty as fuck. I almost feel sorry for poor old Brenda. James O’Brien this morning was right to compare her to long-suffering Dot Cotton, forever having to bail out Nasty Nick.
By davidjay
Abernathy wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:39 pm The key thing is, I think, that an out of court settlement is, in mot people's books, tantamount to an admission of guilt, even if Andy’s PR has been careful to avoid any admission of liability in their public announcement.

I certainly think he is as guilty as fuck. I almost feel sorry for poor old Brenda. James O’Brien this morning was right to compare her to long-suffering Dot Cotton, forever having to bail out Nasty Nick.
I do feel sorry for her. She's in her nineties, she's been in the public gaze for almost all of her life, tried to do the right thing and managed it most of the time. Against that, she is, as I said before, a product of the aristocratic ethos that the downstairs staff are fair game for the young master so the silly little wench should know her place and keep quiet.
By Cyclist
Councillors in York have unanimously voted to remove Prince Andrew's freedom of the city status following his legal settlement with Virginia Giuffre.

Council members, representing all the main parties, voted for the motion to remove the honour, which he was given as a wedding present from the city in 1987...

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/prince-a ... y-12600283
Attachments
A-1229160-1598605269-6275.jpg
A-1229160-1598605269-6275.jpg (101.66 KiB) Viewed 7967 times
By Cyclist
He's not out of the woods yet

The Duke of York has been branded an “absolute fool” after becoming embroiled in another £1.6 million debt battle.

The "business debt” is owed to a Swiss couple who are understood to have placed a freezing order on his Verbier ski chalet 18 months ago.

Isabelle de Rouvre - a French socialite who sold the chalet in 2014 to the Duke and Sarah, Duchess of York, but later sued them over an outstanding £6.7 million debt - said she pitied the Swiss pair caught up in the legal wrangling, knowing the stress she endured in recouping her money...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/a ... li=BBoPWjQ
By Crabcakes
If Andrew has any sense (and clearly, he hasn’t), he’d be disappearing off right after the funeral to any cheap backwater country that doesn’t have extradition to the US.

He was Liz’s favourite, hence the cover. That’s now gone, and I doubt Chuck wants to start his reign pouring money after a debt-riddled nonce.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]