:laughing: 100 %
By Yug
Having been an object of ridicule for most of his adult life, I don't think Charlie has the same level of personal respect that people (even me!) had for his mother. He'll get the same level of deference that his mother had, but deference =/= respect.
By Andy McDandy
When I was a kid (so early 80s) we'd occasionally get coins (especially old 5ps) turn up with George VI on them. Presumably because they were old shillings and stayed in circulation. They only stopped showing up when we went over to the new 5p.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:59 am When I was a kid (so early 80s) we'd occasionally get coins (especially old 5ps) turn up with George VI on them. Presumably because they were old shillings and stayed in circulation. They only stopped showing up when we went over to the new 5p.
When I were a lad (eeh, that were a long time ago, y'ken) we had pennies wi' t'head o' Queen Vicky on 'em. Almost erased by countless unhygienic fingers. Sometimes even older...

An' us had florins, two-bob bits, tanners, half-crowns an' thruppeny bits...
Oboogie liked this
By Bones McCoy
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:38 am As Terry Pratchett once said, nothing moves faster than the monarchy.

However, after the wave of sympathy I have a suspicion there might be quite a few countries who also move fast, seize the moment and leave the commonwealth.

Do we reckon Chuck 3 can make it work?
Others got there first, but becoming a republic is a shorter and easier step than leaving the commonwealth.

Yes there are several republics in the commonwealth.
Leaving the commonwealth, with all its "soft links" is a bit Brexity.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bones McCoy
AOB wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:24 am There is no Prince of Wales at the moment. Situation vacant until William is installed. Sam Allardyce will probably caretake in the interim.
Does he have to stop Princeing in Wales in order to do Kinging in the UK?

Jolly complicated this hereditical constitutionalism.
By Abernathy
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:01 pm
AOB wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:24 am There is no Prince of Wales at the moment. Situation vacant until William is installed. Sam Allardyce will probably caretake in the interim.
Does he have to stop Princeing in Wales in order to do Kinging in the UK?

Jolly complicated this hereditical constitutionalism.
I believe Prince Willie now gets that gig. And the wheelbarrowloads of cash from the Duchy of Cornwall estates.
By Yug
Whenever they get around to it.

Edward VIII became king on 20 January 1936 and abdicated the throne on 11 December the same year. He was king for nearly a year but was never crowned. His niece became queen on 6 February 1952 but didn't have her coronation until 2 June 1953.
By Watchman
Re Prince of Wales; is it an automatic transfer of title to the next in line? I seem to remember there was some significance when Charles was invested as PoW, in that it hadn’t happened to every previous heir
By Bones McCoy
Watchman wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:42 pm Re Prince of Wales; is it an automatic transfer of title to the next in line? I seem to remember there was some significance when Charles was invested as PoW, in that it hadn’t happened to every previous heir
I was pretty young at the time.
The main excitement seemed to be him doing a bit of his speech in Welsh.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]