:laughing: 100 %
By kreuzberger
What with all the kerfuffle, I had completely forgotten something that might be quite relevant. To me, at least. It's the whole British.thing and working out what it all means.

So yes, I met the King. These are actually quite normal people in some senses of the word.

It was around 1997 and 1.0 and I pitched up at a dinner in Whitehall. I can't remember which building - it was dead posh - and it might have had something to do with RUSI.

Anyway, late as ever, we were greeted on the steps. "Welcome Mr Kreuz Berger, and Missus Kreuz Berger" the important bloke barked. (Apparently, 1.0 didn't have her own name, weird.) We joined our table, mainly white men.

I don't remember what we had as a first course, prawns maybe. The veggie option for the main course was the regularly disgraceful melee of all-things-root and equally forgettable. We had crisps and Snickers back in the minibar so I wasn't that fussed.

Before pudding, it was introduction time.

I was working pro-bono for the Prince's Scottish Youth Business Trust (PSYBT) at the time and we had whacked what money we had in to radio advertising and had twisted a few arms for incremental contributions. The King wanted to know how you effectively buy airtime. We got into a conversation about how 4+ cover is preciously more important than mere reach. We talked for about five minutes. His examination bordered on the forensic. Doubtless, he was the captain of the good ship PSYBT but he was acutely interested in what was happening in the boiler room. Ripping the piss out of Radio Clyde with obvious mathematics seemed entirely logical to him and fair game.

There was Armagnac beyond limit and something made of dark chocolate. We got a cab bach up to Regent's Park, murdered the Snickers and prayed for a decent breakfast.

I doubt that this will make his final memoires but it is a strong candidate for mine. Charles is/was a formidable force behind PSYBT and instinctively knew how to apply his muscle.

I also still have that Jaeger dinner suit in the wardrobe. It has a few stories to tell.
By Youngian
The PM of Antigua gave a warm tribute to the Queen on the World Service but no doubt in his voice that they and their neighbours would seek to become republics. My main hope for the Queen’s demise has been that Scott Morrison had been replaced by a republican Labor PM in Australia. Oz removing the monarchy and the Union flag will be a good thing for many reasons other than shattering pseudo-imperialist Brexit fantasies. But that will be my favourite.
By Dalem Lake
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:I took strange pleasure in seeing Charles sign the Accession Document with a fountain pen.

Some would have used a Sharpie...
I haven't used a fountain pen for about 25+ years. I think I bought one because my teachers wouldn't let me use biro instead of those Berol pens, which at the time I blamed for making my handwriting look shit before it dawned on me that my handwriting is shit. I didn't last long with the fountain anyway because I just couldn't be bothered to purchase the cartridges for it when there was better things to spend my money on, i.e., cigerettes.
kreuzberger liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
I've always used fountain pens - I've owned dozens.
When teaching I used to have one for red ink, one for black and a green one for making supportive comments.

My favourites are 1960s-70s Parkers and Waterman's ink.
By kreuzberger
Funnily enough, that's a bit of a coincidence.

I am spending a lot more time with customers these days, so I have fished out my posh watch and am looking for a decent pen which I don't seem to have any longer.

If I manage to punt enough old junk on eBay - and there is plenty of it - this Motegrappa is giving me itchy fingers.

Shipped to home, we are talking about a reasonably acceptable 110 quid. Rather tasty, eh?
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
By kreuzberger
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:02 pm I used to have a set of these - but they all got nicked...

Now I have the Stainless versions.
I do like a rather swish pen. I really don't know whether it is impressive but it confers upon me much needed confidence.

So long is not a Montblanc, rather special but the choice instrument of semi-literate drug dealers.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]