:sunglasses: 46.2 % :laughing: 23.1 % 🧥 7.7 % :cry: 7.7 % :poo: 15.4 %
By MisterMuncher
The Weeping Angel wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:29 pm If you want to know how bad the discourse was consider this meme that was being shared.

Apparently she was responsible for the wars in Yugoslavia and the thousands of Icelandic fishermen who she ordered murdered.
And simultaneously, the fucking Times were reporting about double rainbows appearing above Windsor, and various clowns were talking about how their corgis were behaving differently. None of that was planted propaganda. It was real, organic, homegrown stupidity.

Call it a score draw.
By Bones McCoy
Rosvanian wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:11 pm Just announced, Brenda's funeral cost the British taxpayer £160M. I advice anyone tempted to complain in public about this to refrain from doing so lest you're thrown in the slammer for half a day, no qurstions asked.
Makes Thatcher's seem a real bargain.
- With the added bonus of dead Thatcher.
Watchman, Dalem Lake, davidjay and 1 others liked this
By The Weeping Angel
My point was when you compare and contrast with other state funerals, you'll find that others have costed more. Also let's break down the cost of the funeral department by department.
Department for Culture, Media & Sport - £57.42m
Department for Transport - £2.565m
Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office - £2.096m
Home Office - £73.68m
Ministry of Defence - £2.890m
Northern Ireland Office - £2.134m
Scottish Government - £18.756m
Welsh Government - £2.202m
Total - £161.743m
So what should those departments have spent their money on instead?
By Yug
Are you really that stupid? Nobody is arguing that government Departments shouldn't spend money on the business of that Department. The argument is spending £260 million on a funeral and a coronation is £260 million wasted. And what foreign governments waste foreign taxpayers' money on is totally irrelevant.

Your arguments are getting more bizarre by the day.
By The Weeping Angel
You do realise that the figures that I quoted are what each department spent on the funeral.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65636772

So what should those deparments have spent their money on instead?

My point about foreign governments spending money is this. If we were a Republic we'd still very likely spend public money on things like state funeral and other state occasions which other Republics do incidentally. Simply banging on about the cost of the Monarchy is on my view a weak arguement and reminds me of those who used to say let's spend all the money we give to the EU and spend it on whatever the person making that argument wanted it to be spent on instead.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]