:sunglasses: 46.2 % :laughing: 23.1 % 🧥 7.7 % :cry: 7.7 % :poo: 15.4 %
By Spoonman
The Weeping Angel wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:46 pm
Man who typically sneers at ‘snowflakes’ demands you stop making Queen jokes

https://newsthump.com/2022/09/08/man-wh ... een-jokes/
Dalem Lake, Oboogie liked this
By Abernathy
The BBC’s rolling coverage of nothing actually happening is starting to get on my tits. Shots of private jets landing at Aberdeen and images of the gates of the Balmoral estate intersperse Huw Edwards and the execrable Nicholas Witchell, both in black ties, riffing and waffling endlessly about Brenda, whose reign Witchell keeps insisting “continues”.

They tried to bring some relief on by having Edwards speak to Fergus Walsh, the BBC’s Medical correspondent, to answer viewers’ questions, such as what is meant by “medical supervision”, and what does “comfortable” mean? Walsh could have answered correctly that “medical supervision”means being kept alive, and that “comfortable” means they’ve started her on the morphine, but he didn’t. He waffled and wiffled about how for a 96 year old she’d mostly enjoyed rather good health, and how the Royal media operation was usually pretty vague - you don’t say !

Lordy. talk about Waiting for Godot.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Crabcakes
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:34 pm I feel much more affected than I thought.
I know what you mean. It’s a very odd sensation.

Also, it’s things like this from the BBC:
"The King and the Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow."

That ‘King’ is going to look weird for a long, long time.
By Malcolm Armsteen
It feels very strange. I was born in the reign of his grandfather, but for almost my whole life monarch has equalled 'queen'. I wonder if people have always felt this disconnection at the death of a monarch? Is monarchy deeper in my psyche than I thought? Like the Bible.
Abernathy, Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
We shouldn't have a monarch, but we do. So this seems a good take.
Sir Tony Blair, the UK prime minister between 1997 and 2007, said: “We have lost not just our monarch but the matriarch of our nation, the figure who more than any other brought our country together, kept us in touch with our better nature, personified everything which makes us proud to be British.”
Abernathy, Oboogie, zuriblue liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]