:laughing: 100 %
By AOB
Rosvanian wrote:Unsurprisingly, the Mail and others are now in full moralising mode, furiously pointing their fingers at those who they accuse of promoting conspiracy theories (Owen Jones getting it in the neck. WTF?!) Obviously Mail Online completely ignores its own role in this sorry episode but what baffles me is that most online commentators appear to be utterly oblivious to the Mail's hideous dishonesty, double standards and cynicism. Quite incredible.
I was thinking similar about the media in general yesterday when watching TV news . It's remarkable how self unaware they are. On those 24 hour channels especially, when it comes to a major Royal item, it basically turns into a TV version of Twitter, reporters and guests for hours on end speculating and guessing. Then yesterday it's "look over there at those social media types and their frenzy".

I thought the same last year with the Nicola Bulley disappearance. Morning, noon and night it was the main news item. Yet they completely detached themselves from any responsibility for the speculation and theories, or for people turning up at the scene. Nothing to do with them, no, it's all social media's fault.
Last edited by AOB on Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Andy McDandy
If you're a public figure, you can expect public attention. You get the pay-offs and the piss offs, and in her case it was a conscious choice. Not so much her husband and kids though. But again they could step out of the public eye. Nowhere is it written that a royal must do anything. The entire deal with them and us is essentially voluntary.

And I didn't see any malice, just people taking the piss. Some funnier than others. And once the news came out, the laughs pretty much stopped.
By Youngian
I understood online conspiracies perpetrated by the Russian state were Remoaner fantasies.
We should at least welcome those in power confirming their existence.
DEPUTY PM OLIVER DOWDEN TO WARN OF CHINA CYBER THREATS AS 'SENIOR UK POLITICIANS TARGETED' https://www.moreradio.online/news/watch ... -targeted/
By Andy McDandy
How the hell does taking the piss out of the royal family destabilise Britain? If that were the case the country would be like a collapsing bouncy castle by now.

"Wills loves it the hard way" is not generally followed by "to the barricades, comrades!", but with "ha ha, the dirty bastard".
By Youngian
Mrs Chumley is about to understand what the Streisand Effect is for pursuing undercover FSB agent Stephen Colbert
Rose Hanbury served talk show host Stephen Colbert with a legal notice over his joke about the rumors she had an affair with Prince William and could take further action to squash it.
https://x.com/usweekly/status/177121298 ... Dkr8MiQKBg
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]