:sunglasses: 9.1 % :pray: 27.3 % :laughing: 45.5 % 🧥 9.1 % :cry: 9.1 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
Oboogie wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:22 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:41 pm
Oboogie wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:17 pm Except "asked for" and "demanded" are not synonyms, I see no mention of penalties for dissenters.
It'll be the same people who wanted to know why you weren't applauding the dying nurses, the thick-as-dogshit gammon who come and ask why you didn't - 'cos you must be a lefty or a paedo, right?
So that is literally nobody then. As no-one has ever asked me, the only people who know if I applauded the NHS are my partner and my immediate neighbours.
I was. A neighbour (gammony Brexiter) wanted to know why I wasn't showing my appreciation like everyone else, quite passive-aggressive about it. Step out of line with what these people are brainwashed to do and you get a mouthful. Or worse. Mega dogwhistling.
By Oboogie
Yug wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:50 pm Some people seem to be falling into the trap of thinking "if it doesn't happen to me it doesn't happen at all".
Not what I said at all. You seem to be falling into the trap of thinking that me saying that it's never happened to me is the same as me saying it's never happened to anyone else. How on earth would I know?
I was speaking about my experience because Malcolm was suggesting that I'd had experiences which I have not.
I've never been asked if I clapped for the NHS and I've not heard of anyone being harassed for not doing it. I'm amazed that it would anger the Gammon who, I would assume, would be against those woke doctors and nurses with all their fancy book learning and do-gooder caring and that.
The Weeping Angel liked this
By Yug
Press release

Wildflowers seeds for every primary school class in honour of the Coronation

To mark the Coronation all state funded primary schools will be sent wildflower seeds, inspired by His Majesty The King’s love of nature

Department for Education and The Rt Hon Nick Gibb MP...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/wild ... coronation
That's nice, but...

How about marking the occasion by ensuring adequate funding for every primary school? Be a bit more useful for the nation than a few packets of weeds.
By Yug
The Twitter thread in TWA's post above also shows the decline in standards at the BBC. Not so long ago no BBC employee would make the mistake of believing that "asked to" and "invited to" were the same thing, or if they did, that mistake would be rectified by an editor before publication.

Assuming it was a mistake, and not someone being mendacious. I have my suspicions about the BBC, but I don't believe they'd do something like that deliberately. Unless, of course, that utter twatbag Nicholas Witchell was allowed to write the item unsupervised.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Oboogie
Yug wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:38 pm The Twitter thread in TWA's post above also shows the decline in standards at the BBC. Not so long ago no BBC employee would make the mistake of believing that "asked to" and "invited to" were the same thing, or if they did, that mistake would be rectified by an editor before publication.

Assuming it was a mistake, and not someone being mendacious. I have my suspicions about the BBC, but I don't believe they'd do something like that deliberately. Unless, of course, that utter twatbag Nicholas Witchell was allowed to write the item unsupervised.
Which, if any, media outlet covered the story with the correct wording?
Attachments
Fu_Qom4XgAIO5Ce.png
Fu_Qom4XgAIO5Ce.png (69.54 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
By Youngian
Oboogie wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:22 pm So the invitation to swear an oath actually originated from the Archbishop of Canterbury not the Royal Family at all. Well that's rather a lot of egg on rather a lot of faces.
Says a lot about the public mood that a normally servile media has deemed this mole hill worthy of inflating.
I’ve seen the bunting out at an old folks home down my road which is a nice gesture for those with childhood memories of the previous one. And that’s it, never saw this level of disinterest for the Queen’s jubilee celebrations.
By Oboogie
Youngian wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:23 pm I’ve seen the bunting out at an old folks home down my road which is a nice gesture for those with childhood memories of the previous one. And that’s it, never saw this level of disinterest for the Queen’s jubilee celebrations.
Whenever I read or hear reminisces about the Queen's coronation I'm struck by the emphasis on the novelty of television. It is a matter of record that television sales rocketed in the period prior to the coronation. For many people it was the first time they ever watched TV, crammed into a neighbour's front room. It seems to me that the experience of watching telly for the first time was at least as important as what it was that they were watching.
Youngian, lambswool liked this
By Bones McCoy
Oboogie wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:13 pm
Youngian wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:23 pm I’ve seen the bunting out at an old folks home down my road which is a nice gesture for those with childhood memories of the previous one. And that’s it, never saw this level of disinterest for the Queen’s jubilee celebrations.
Whenever I read or hear reminisces about the Queen's coronation I'm struck by the emphasis on the novelty of television. It is a matter of record that television sales rocketed in the period prior to the coronation. For many people it was the first time they ever watched TV, crammed into a neighbour's front room. It seems to me that the experience of watching telly for the first time was at least as important as what it was that they were watching.
Morning telly is jammed with "Mrs Brady Remembers" slots
Six undred of us crammed in next door's front room.
All watching a 2 inch square screen.

Husband stood on the roof with a coathanger trying to get a picture ....
lambswool liked this
By Oboogie
Youngian wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:15 am Fun fact: First person in the world to be transmitted as a colour image was Noele Gordon of Crossroads fame.
Really? I'm astonished!
I would have guessed it would be an American as colour TV was available in the USA from the mid-50s, over a decade before it arrived in Britain.
By Spoonman
Oboogie wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:07 am
Youngian wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:15 am Fun fact: First person in the world to be transmitted as a colour image was Noele Gordon of Crossroads fame.
Really? I'm astonished!
I would have guessed it would be an American as colour TV was available in the USA from the mid-50s, over a decade before it arrived in Britain.
According to Wikipedia, as a teenager she was a model used by John Logie Baird in his colour TV tests back in 1938, which is logical.
Oboogie, mattomac liked this
By Yug
King's Coronation: Security minister urges potential protestors to 'think of your fellow citizens'

The coronation will be a 'complex' event in terms of security, Tom Tugendhat told Sky News. Various campaign groups have said they plan to disrupt the coronation. A republican group said at least 1,600 people are to descend on Trafalgar Square to protest the event.

https://news.sky.com/video/kings-corona ... s-12871851
I think that what Tugendhat is saying is for us to shut up because it's only the fucking twats who get a hard-on for being reigned over by an over-privileged pocket-picker who actually count for anything.

Well, if my fellow citizens who are pro-monarchy would think of me before going over the top with their fucking union flag-covered tat and their loud celebrations and in-your-face professions of fealty, then, and only then, I might spare a thought for those ra-ra wankers who are already getting up my nose.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]