:sunglasses: 9.1 % :pray: 27.3 % :laughing: 45.5 % 🧥 9.1 % :cry: 9.1 %
By Watchman
Rosvanian wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:33 am I'm watching out of fascination with the sheer, off the scale weirdness of it. For example, practicing Hindu Rishi Sunak reading a passage from the bible.
What gets me, they make a thing about all the multi-faith involvement, yet the words of the service proclaim the totality of Protestantism
By MisterMuncher
Watchman wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:35 pm
Rosvanian wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:33 am I'm watching out of fascination with the sheer, off the scale weirdness of it. For example, practicing Hindu Rishi Sunak reading a passage from the bible.
What gets me, they make a thing about all the multi-faith involvement, yet the words of the service proclaim the totality of Protestantism
It gets better when you consider the ultra-staunch and loyal Royalists of the DUP are mostly of Free Presbyterian and similar dry-shite sects with very strong feelings about rituals and ceremonies in any other context ever
Watchman liked this
By Youngian
MisterMuncher wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:46 pm
Watchman wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:35 pm
It gets better when you consider the ultra-staunch and loyal Royalists of the DUP are mostly of Free Presbyterian and similar dry-shite sects with very strong feelings about rituals and ceremonies in any other context ever
Reminding Loyalists and Unionists that coronations are blasphemous Papist flummery is one of the few highlights of this piffle.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Youngian wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:01 pm I wonder if the Windsors hoped a generation bought up on Harry Potter and Game of Thrones would take this bollocks to their heart. In yer fucking dreams Charlie boy.
By Abernathy
I note that Channel 5 is currently screening “The Dambusters” for the umpteenth time. Shome short of attempt to bump up the patriotism with some stiff-upper-lipped Jerry bashing, what, what?

Pleased to note that Guy Gibson’s ill-fated dog has again properly been re-dubbed as “Trigger” . I dare say the Gammonati aren’t watching on principle (or what they think of as principle).
By Abernathy
My final verdict on today’s multi million quid pantomime : It was fucking obscene.

I could not get past the utter offensiveness of conducting this absurd, costly, and completely un-necessary (I’m sure Chazza automatically became king the very instant that Brenda drew her final breath) fol de rol in a country in which hundreds of thousands of people can barely afford to eat or keep warm.

Absurd on Ruritanian levels, but mostly grotesque, and fucking disgusting.
kreuzberger, Youngian, lambswool and 1 others liked this
By satnav
I've noticed that the Express have put out a couple of tweets blaming the BBC for making the coronation appear dull and boring! The expression you can't polish a turd springs to mind.

I listened to about 5 minutes of Nicholas Witchell before turning over to the drama channel to watch old episodes of the Bill.
The classic line from Witchell when taling about the Common Wealth was along the lines of 'Everybody has their own views on the issue of slavery'. What does that actually mean?
By Abernathy
You know, surely Prince Willie must have been looking at today's nonsense and thinking along the lines of "I really think I'll want to change this when I'm taking over."

Hi mind must be on it. After all, his dad King Chaz is 74 years old. It's not likely to be another 22 years until Chaz turns up his toes at the age of 96 like his mammy. Might be ten years, realistically.

Chazza was supposed to have been having a "slimmed down" coronation, but there wasn't much evidence of anything having been slimmed down today. Will Willie finally get real? Don't hold yer fucking breath.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]