By Bones McCoy
Tomorrow (23rd) it'll be two years precisely when I was wheeled into theatre to have mine cut out.
Rather like the Princess, I'd been under observation / treatment for a lesser problem when the big C entered stage left.
I can't speak highly enough about my NHS treatment, 7 days between biopsy and surgery.
Fortunately for me, the post surgery lab tests showed no metastasis (of whatever's the word for spreading).
I'm clear for now.

My heart goes out to anybody receiving a diagnosis.
It takes a remarkably robust individual to not fall into doubt, panic and desolation.
I was fortunate that a quick surgery date (and several pre-surgery appointments since we were still in covid regs) provided little thinking time.

Princess Catherine's broadcast was incredibly well presented.
If I were to guess (with no qualifications) I'd say she's extremely low risk.
But what I know of chemo is that it's a harsh regime which takes a lot out of the patient.
My evidence is from several patients who've refused a second course, and accepted their fate.

Apologies for the ramble, it's a bit raw at this time of year.

I consider myself republican aligned (in the UK sense, not the American one).
I don't like the institution, though I have no practical plan to abolish / replace it.
This doesn't imply the slightest wish of misfortune to any of the individuals in the family (let me think about "Andy" ...).
I really don't get off on human suffering, even for alleged nonces; but I digress...

Good luck to the princess.
I hope she comes through with minimal discomfort.
I know she will enjoy the best care possible.

Our peculiar institution puzzles me more than it repulses me.
I have no hostility toward the persons involved.

But I expect most oncologists to recommend not eating swan.
By davidjay
satnav wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 pm The fawning media seem to have ignored the fact that members of the royal family were very good at dodging cancer until chain smoking Camilla married into the family.
Indeed. Who'd have thought that a life of eating well, access to the best health care and avoiding a polluted atmospheres would be beneficial?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]