By Bones McCoy
Here in Glasgow Polok we have 9 candidates contesting the constituency seat.
And 22 parties contesting the Glasgow region lists.

Nice to see the CPGB still hoping for success.
Some even more obscure splinter of splinter groups.

For a chap of my age there's a Scottish Democrats Party whose SDP logo looks identical to the one flown by Dr Death, Bill. Woy and Shirley all those years back.

I'll maybe drop by later for some musings on the D'Hondt system for electing list candidates.
By Nigredo
My initial reaction to the formation of the Alba party was surprise that the creation of a splinter faction as a vanity project to satisfy the disgraced former leader's ego and split the vote due to a petty vendetta with his former allies wasn't Jeremy Corbyn.
Cyclist liked this
By Bones McCoy
Oblomov wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:47 pm My initial reaction to the formation of the Alba party was surprise that the creation of a splinter faction as a vanity project to satisfy the disgraced former leader's ego and split the vote due to a petty vendetta with his former allies wasn't Jeremy Corbyn.
It almost makes sense if you dig deep into the workings of the insanity that is the list system.
Parties effecively have their count of constituencies subtracted form their list numbers.

With the SNP standing as the sole independence party, this saw them often gain no list seats in regions where they had swept the constituencies.
ie Majority of votes - none on the list.
Also there are no transfers this time around, just one X for constituency and one X for the region.
I can't recall whether it was the same last time out.
First time, I think there was ranked voting with transfers, and the voters fucked up around 50% of ballots.

Tactically, there's some sense in an independence supporter voting SNP for constituency and Alba on the regional list.
Alba with no constituency candidates will get a very good rate on list candidates.
The same mechanism that allows the Tories to pretend they're a lot bigger than their share of the vote would suggest.
By Bones McCoy
One of our local independents has parked his white van opposite the local park.

It's quite a sight.
He appears to have spray painted it with some of his manifesto in letters far to small to read.
There are a few cardboard placards attached for good measure.
I caught sight of the word "Plandemic".

Wondering whether it's worth sneaking out to torch the abomination around 03:00Hrs.
Best not.
Antidemocratic; but the bloke might also be sleeping in his van.
I'm really not that sort of guy.
By Bones McCoy
The daily "Ruthie and Rossie+" fliers haven't arrived for a couple of days now.
I wonder whether they're dealing with the fallout down at That London.

+ Ruth Davidson and Douglas Ross - Scottish (London Resident, obvs.) Tory Royalty.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Thu May 06, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mattomac
Bones McCoy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:24 pm Here in Glasgow Polok we have 9 candidates contesting the constituency seat.

For a chap of my age there's a Scottish Democrats Party whose SDP logo looks identical to the one flown by Dr Death, Bill. Woy and Shirley all those years back.

The SDp are running in London with the same logo, sure it isn’t them?

I'll maybe drop by later for some musings on the D'Hondt system for electing list candidates.
By Tubby Isaacs
Bones McCoy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:24 pm Here in Glasgow Polok we have 9 candidates contesting the constituency seat.

9 parties is a lot for a regular election.

Only place I know that often gets more than that is Hackney. You get ultra leftists, Christians, independents and on one occasion the 1989 Liberals, who wouldn't except the merger with the SDP. Strangely, only 6 candidates in 2019 though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackney_S ... stituency)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]