:laughing: 100 %
By Tubby Isaacs
Ash has 2 MPs/MSPs because they all know what a liability she is. But she maintains support of this heavyweight who Corbyn could see through.

Note the dishonest framing. I doubt anyone in the SNP supports using the pound for ever. It's a question of how quickly you can get there and sustain it.

By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:19 pm Ash has 2 MPs/MSPs because they all know what a liability she is. But she maintains support of this heavyweight who Corbyn could see through.

Note the dishonest framing. I doubt anyone in the SNP supports using the pound for ever. It's a question of how quickly you can get there and sustain it.

Like Richard, I can’t see any technical non-political reason for not moving to an independent currency. That’s because I haven’t bothered to find out why. Not much evidence Murphy has, either.
By Spoonman
Surely if the SNP aspire for an independent Scotland to ultimately join the European Union, this would entail them eventually adopting the Euro as their currency anyway in due course?

To me the simple suggestion would be for any notions of currency after (theoretical) independence to allow Pound Sterling to be the defacto legal tender for a short period to be followed by a Scottish currency that would be pegged to either Sterling or the Euro? :?:
By Tubby Isaacs
Don’t think anyone can be forced to join the Euro in practice. But it’s another thing that an EU member like Spain with separatists of their own could focus on and be awkward about.

I don’t think Spain would block, but the PP are Franco loving goons. If they’re in government, probably no favours coming, I’d have thought.
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:49 am
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:19 pm Ash has 2 MPs/MSPs because they all know what a liability she is. But she maintains support of this heavyweight who Corbyn could see through.

Like Richard, I can’t see any technical non-political reason for not moving to an independent currency. That’s because I haven’t bothered to find out why. Not much evidence Murphy has, either.
If they can’t back it up with sufficient reserves, it drops like a stone at the start and everyone in Scotland with loans in pounds is suddenly in trouble.

Ash Regan, like Richard, would will these problems away. As my old teacher used to say when confronted with a feeble excuse, “write that on your GCSE paper, see how it goes”
Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
If they can’t back it up with sufficient reserves, it drops like a stone at the start and everyone in Scotland with loans in pounds is suddenly in trouble.

Like making a commitment to join the Euro and having your currency backed by the ECB to maintain its parity. But that’s a political reason not to have a currency. As the SNP don’t want to go there, they’re left with some unconvincing technical excuses and tall tales about it being a dual sovereign currency to hang onto Sterling.
By Tubby Isaacs
It’s all doable but grim, as is filling the fiscal gap. I suppose any party campaigning leaves out the hard bit till last, in fairness.

The trade barriers with the biggest market, rUK, is something that might get easier. Less mad “sovereignty” approach we take, the smaller the friction would be. The UK returning to sanity actually makes independence easier.

Don’t know if anybody near the top of the SNP is making this point. Yousaf has played independence as an imminent prospect down. Maybe he’s seeing it like that.
By Tubby Isaacs
Now the head of media walks out after being told by the party that reports of a 30,000 membership decline weren't true. They were true. Fair play to him for not putting up with that.

Membership numbers are still over 4 times as high as Scottish Labour, and much higher than every other party put together, and anyway member numbers aren't necessary for electoral success. They'll continue to win everything. But perhaps if you're going to sustain over 50%, members are important.

By Abernathy
... . . . and now, Murrell.

https://inews.co.uk/news/snp-peter-murr ... ip-2218770

Nicola Sturgeon’s husband forced to quit as SNP chief executive as he admits media were misled in members row
Oboogie liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Not really a Tory gain, it's a multimember constituency where the SNP councillor died but a good result for them. Not a bad one for the SNP really, but bad for the Greens who have a minister (Lorna Slater) who is getting a fair bit of attention in a bad way. Perhaps they're getting the blame for GRR among the many Nat voters who don't support it too. I thought the Tory challenge to the GRR bill would be a political disaster for them, but it's looking like good politics now.

Arrowhead liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]