By Tubby Isaacs
Where do you start with this stuff?

Commenting ALBA Party Westminster leader Neale Hanvey MP said:

“Pensions are a favourite scare story of the unionists. Some of them even claim that the UK would not honour the contributions made by Scottish pensioners if we became independent. But the reality is that pensions are not funded by historic contributions but from current revenue and thus it is the Scottish Government which can and would guarantee the payment benefits.
It's been the loonier Nationalist fringe who've talked about rUK paying pensions post independence!
The only real question about pensions in an independent Scotland is how quickly a Scottish Government would be able to correct course and increase them to bring them into line with the rest of Europe and the developed world from the current miserable UK levels.
By made up numbers apparently,.
Of course in an independent Scotland we wouldn’t be paying towards the £200 Billion-and-rising price tag of renewing Trident Nuclear Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Note they don't tell you how much Scotland pays towards this. Plus the stuff about European pensions is debunked rubbish,
By Tubby Isaacs
The comparisons with some European countries are misleading, and Alba know it. The countries with the high sounding pensions are generally those where the state, rather than employers, do the second pensions (where you pay in extra). When you add employer pensions to the UK figures, we come lower-middle on pensioner incomes. And, despite what you might expect from this, poorer pensions do relatively well in the UK, through pensioner benefits (when they're known about and claimed).

The UK could do better but hard to see how iScotland (minus the Barnett Formula) can.
By Abernathy
How is the name of Salmond's party pronounced?

In the past couple of days, I have heard a couple of presenters talk about the "Aliba" party. I thought surely that's wrong?

But then I heard Eck himself on Kuenssberg this morning also pronouncing it "Aliba".

Is it "Alba" or feckin'"Ali Baba" ?????
Bones McCoy liked this
By Killer Whale
Abernathy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:56 pm Well, it's a vowel, not a consonant, either an inserted "i" or an "a" . I don't get why suddenly it doesn't seem to be getting pronounced just as it's written.
Not really. It's a consonant that is pronounced fully, to the extent that it creates what sounds like a vowel following it. English tends to get really lazy with some consonants (l often sounds like 'hw', r goes missing at the end of words, t turns into a glottal stop), but Alba is not an English word, so some people have maybe pretentiously, maybe out of respect, decided to try and replicate its pronunciation in its original language.
lambswool liked this
By Abernathy
Well no. “fillum” has an inserted letter “U”, as well as an inserted extra “L”. The “Alba” pronunciation confusing me sounds as if it has an inserted “I” or “A”. Especially since I’ve only just heard it being pronounced that way, having heard it previously being pronounced as you’d expect. Not getting the full consonant pronunciation thing, I’m afraid.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]