By Yug
Maybe that Alba twatt* hasn't considered that people might not be intending to vote leave just yet because under the next government (Lab) Scotland will suddenly become a lot better off.

*In England, many surnames relate to what the ancestors were at the time, Carter, Fletcher, Wainwright for e.g., or where they came from : Sir Nigel Gresley (Church Gresley, Derbys), Chris, Liam and Luke Hemsworth (Hemsworth, W Yorks) etc. What McEleny's ancestors may have been or where they were from I leave as an exercise for the reader.
By MisterMuncher
Yug wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:39 pm Maybe that Alba twatt* hasn't considered that people might not be intending to vote leave just yet because under the next government (Lab) Scotland will suddenly become a lot better off.

*In England, many surnames relate to what the ancestors were at the time, Carter, Fletcher, Wainwright for e.g., or where they came from : Sir Nigel Gresley (Church Gresley, Derbys), Chris, Liam and Luke Hemsworth (Hemsworth, W Yorks) etc. What McEleny's ancestors may have been or where they were from I leave as an exercise for the reader.
Being one of them Irish types, it would be Son Of the Servant of the Saint. (Mac Giolla Na Naomh)
By Abernathy
I was just wondering whether the Alba Party is in any position to benefit from the SNP skip-fire. Salmond was on TeeVee last night having to deny schadenfreude.

Obviously I hope not, and that Labour may instead be the beneficiary, to the extent that it might signal much needed Labour gains in Scotland at the general election.

With Sarwar's capable hands on the Scottish Labour leadership tiller, the polling appears to suggest that this may be the case.
Arrowhead, Oboogie liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
It would help Labour if Alba took a load of support of the SNP, but not even I'm cynical enough to want that.

This is complete rubbish. There are various adjustments agreed to the Barnett Formula. Funnily enough the SNP didn't sign up to one saying "Want to fund public services with the block grant? That means the grant goes down".

"The question is why they did this", he adds darkly elsewhere. He'll probably follow that with "The question is why the media aren't reporting this".

By Tubby Isaacs
And one of the very worst nationalist MPs weighs in behind Regan.

What on earth is the opposite to "administering cuts" in this context? This used to be a position on the Labour left, where some people seemed to think Mrs Thatcher was going to say "Ah, now you mention it, I'll set a completely different budget". Actually she (via Patrick Jenkin) did do that once, in the context of Liverpool, but it wasn't a general thing. The alternative of raising rates was done by some other councils, but that was of limited popularity, to say the least.

What's Angus proposing here? "Primarily"? So it does administer the cuts after all, but just spends more time talking about independence. No change there then.

Arrowhead liked this
By Abernathy
So, no difference at all then, in reality. Both parties’ entire raison d’etre is an independent Scottish state.

I have seen it said that the SNP exists to win seats in the Holyrood elections, while Alba is there to fill up the List MSPs.
By Tubby Isaacs
Abernathy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:55 pm So, no difference at all then, in reality. Both parties’ entire raison d’etre is an independent Scottish state.

I have seen it said that the SNP exists to win seats in the Holyrood elections, while Alba is there to fill up the List MSPs.
The Greens have always fulfilled that role. Maybe the two parties will get further apart. So far it’s been a nice racket to get extra seats for basically the same voters.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]