:pray: 25 % :laughing: 75 %
By Rosvanian
I know Nicola Sturgeon isn't everybody's cup of tea but my god, some people have seriously lost their shit over this. The hatred, insults and abuse is off the scale and we're not just talking Scots opposed to independence. Mail Online currently has 13 separate stories and they've wheeled out Bully -in-Chief Wootton to deliver the usual voice of the people nonsense.
Arrowhead, mattomac liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Why would you resign now, if you believe that there's a clear majority for independence? She's done a long enough shift though, and I agree that John Nicolson looks the best candidate.

The tax credit the SNP have done is really good. But as ever, the good stuff coexists with lies about Scottish finances. I feel sorry for them over the gender bill, but I begrudgingly acknowledge that Salmond has a point about the politics.. The SNP have a load of voters who probably aren't that different to the Red Wall ones (see the high number of SNP voters who supported Brexit) and those who support the UK Government court case). I thought it would be a pretty easy political win whatever the result of the court case, but it doesn't look like it will be.
By Arrowhead
Rosvanian wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:17 pm I know Nicola Sturgeon isn't everybody's cup of tea but my god, some people have seriously lost their shit over this. The hatred, insults and abuse is off the scale and we're not just talking Scots opposed to independence. Mail Online currently has 13 separate stories and they've wheeled out Bully -in-Chief Wootton to deliver the usual voice of the people nonsense.
If I'm very much not mistaken, many of whom also seemed to be positively revelling in Jacinda Ardern's resignation a few short weeks ago as well.

I doubt I'll ever be convinced by the case for any form of nationalism, but Sturgeon was by some distance the most successful political leader of recent times. During the summer of 2019, around the time Boris the Ledge ascended to the top job and Jez was doing a passable impression of an inanimate carbon rod, she often seemed to be the only adult in the room.
By Bones McCoy
Rosvanian wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:17 pm I know Nicola Sturgeon isn't everybody's cup of tea but my god, some people have seriously lost their shit over this. The hatred, insults and abuse is off the scale and we're not just talking Scots opposed to independence. Mail Online currently has 13 separate stories and they've wheeled out Bully -in-Chief Wootton to deliver the usual voice of the people nonsense.
An outside observer could compile a psychological thesis on the haters.
What is it that Sturgeon, Ahern, Thunberg, (continuing list of successful female leaders and influencers) that so triggers a certain type.

And why do that "certain type" so often match a similar photo-fit.
By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:07 am If you want a very rough guide to the capabilities or otherwise of Nicola Sturgeon, have a look at where the abuse is coming from.
Just wind your memories back a couple of years to the beginning of the pandemic.

From Edinburgh, succinct, factual, sober presentations by the first minister - assisted as necessary by medical and scientific professionals.

Meanwhile in London, a barely sober scarecrow blustered through a confusing melee of medical advice and dead cats with an ever changing cast of wingmen, but the scientists clearly sidelined.
Oboogie liked this
By davidjay
Bones McCoy wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:33 am
davidjay wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:07 am If you want a very rough guide to the capabilities or otherwise of Nicola Sturgeon, have a look at where the abuse is coming from.
Just wind your memories back a couple of years to the beginning of the pandemic.

From Edinburgh, succinct, factual, sober presentations by the first minister - assisted as necessary by medical and scientific professionals.

Meanwhile in London, a barely sober scarecrow blustered through a confusing melee of medical advice and dead cats with an ever changing cast of wingmen, but the scientists clearly sidelined.
And then went back to 'work' in an atmosphere resembling a frat house.
By Andy McDandy
Johnson and co see high office either as a stepping stone to bigger things, or an entitlement. They love the fun bits - the high level meetings, the glad-handing dignitaries, the dressing up and playing at being a fighter pilot for a day. They don't see the job as an end in itself, and definitely don't like the actual work aspects of it.

For all they bang on about Thatcher, they could take a leaf out of her book - "if you want something discussed, ask a man; if you want it sorted, ask a woman" or similar.
By Youngian
But don't be hubristic twats, Labour.

A lot are, Sturgeon is a disastrous terrible leader but can still single handily prevent Labour from being the largest party, is not a convincing take. Please help with Labour’s Westminster arithmetic isn’t going to win over many indy hearts.
Putting this woman in charge wouldn’t do Labour any harm
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
She's done very well with the child tax credit, in fairness to her. I expect someone with her combination of views isn't uncommon in some countries, particularly with very strong Roman Catholic traditions. But i'd be surprised if she even ran. Tim Farron rather showed up the problems that she'd face, even if she might be convincing on amateur theology than he was.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]