:pray: 25 % :laughing: 75 %
By Abernathy
Yug wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:44 am
Pete Wishart wrote:... Value systems inform not dictate...
Except where the value system in question is religious dogma. Then it very much *does* dictate the person's thinking.

Other examples of why the quoted statement is rubbish are available. This is just one pertinent to the value system of the person under discussion.
It's also still a huge unacceptable problem even if value systems DO "inform not dictate". Wishart is talking obfuscatory crap.
By Youngian
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:48 am Pete Wishart, the Big Country member, and yes, we do remember.

Speaking of obfuscation, Big Country could make this claim for six months but not Runrig, so technically this is a true statement.
That didn't stop us becoming one of the most popular bands in Scotland.
By Malcolm Armsteen
My first reason for rejecting Jezza was his wholehearted endorsement of homeopathy.

It is clear that adherence to such a ball of shite illustrates a complete lack of critical thought, or even of intelligence. It also shows a rejection of reason (see also King C3).

Exactly the same can be said of adherence to religious superstitions. Which is why they are unfit to wield power.
Abernathy liked this
By MisterMuncher
The defence of "it doesn't influence their policy" can fuck right off. If it didn't, they wouldn't be citing it on their campaign to appeal to fellow travellers.
Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:14 pm Exactly the same can be said of adherence to religious superstitions. Which is why they are unfit to wield power.
After a dose of Boris Johnson who has no moral dimension to his decision making, leaders with a secular or religious church in their hearts would be most welcome.
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:01 am I know practising Christians, Muslims, and Jews (not to mention atheists and people whose faith or lack of is unknown to me) who are utterly chill with the broad spectrum of gender and sexuality. As long as it's legal and everyone involved is consenting, fill your boots. Her 'faith' isn't the issue here.
it's over 60 years since Ray Charles wrote the soundtrack to "Sin on Saturday Night, beg forgiveness Sunday Morning" duality.

Devout fellows like Elvis and even Cliff Richard covered his "What d' I say".

Some "rock and roll guitarists" should be better informed.
By The Weeping Angel
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65187823
The husband of former first minister Nicola Sturgeon has been arrested in connection with an investigation into Scottish National Party finances.

Peter Murrell, 58, is being questioned after being taken into police custody on Wednesday morning.

Police Scotland said officers were carrying out searches at a number of addresses as part of the investigation.

Mr Murrell resigned as the party's chief executive last month, a post he had held since 1999.

He has been married to Ms Sturgeon since 2010.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]