:pray: 25 % :laughing: 75 %
By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:01 am I read somewhere that Salmond did good work taking on the anti-Catholicism in the one strain of Scots Nationalism. Is that right? Whoever it was did a very effective job and deserves credit for it, for sure. Because that strain pretty much seems to have vanished to me. From my (admittedly distant perspective) Kate Forbes looks like an SNP Tim Farron rather than part of a continuous tradition.
I can't say for sure, but it seems like the type of thing Jim Sillars might have started.

These days the D.O.B.s are mainly Tory aligned.
Something that Ruth "queen of participation trophies" Davidson played quietly in private.
"Baby Face" Ross has continued the trend.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Bones McCoy wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:36 pm
I can't say for sure, but it seems like the type of thing Jim Sillars might have started.

These days the D.O.B.s are mainly Tory aligned.
Something that Ruth "queen of participation trophies" Davidson played quietly in private.
"Baby Face" Ross has continued the trend.
I had a look at the pre-Salmond period (all right, on Wikipedia). There was more of that lot than I thought there would be, though seems like previous leaders were making an effort and apologised when they went too far in public.
By Yug
SNP Westminster leader Stephen Flynn is under investigation by parliamentary authorities over his use of stationary in a stunt attacking the Labour Party.

The Aberdeen South MP last month gave mugs to journalists which mimicked Labour ads, saying: "Controls on family sizes. What's the point of Labour?"

An accompanying note - on Mr Flynn's House of Commons headed paper - read: "The Labour Party has a new range of mugs in production.

"They're made in China - just like Sir Keir Starmer's latest policy."

The mugs were an attack on the Labour leader's refusal to commit to scrapping the two-child benefit cap if his party wins the next election.

The stunt also compared Labour's stance to the one-child policy of the Chinese government, which ended in 2015...

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/snp-west ... y-12932923
Twat
By Tubby Isaacs
The Guardian BTL crowd love Flynn. Proper opposition, apparently. Proper opposition to Labour, certainly. Has he explained why the SNP haven't undone the 2 child limit properly, or are they still lying that they can't? Still, as I always say, silly mistake by Starmer not to look like he'd at least like to undo it.
The Weeping Angel liked this
By Youngian
Colleagues never got over Martin’s political brilliance according to Martin.
I recently had a conversation with Roddy MacLeod, Barrhead Boy of Through A Scottish Prism. Roddy reminded me of a time when some people considered me to be a rising star of the Scottish National Party, which, in turn, reminded me of an article in a newspaper from when I was an MSP.
The article stated: “Martin is spoken of as a possible future leader of the SNP,” but it concluded with a quote from an unnamed SNP parliamentary colleague, which said: “Yeah, but there are a number of us who will do whatever it takes to make sure that never happens” – and they did.
I was elected as an SNP MSP in 2003…and expelled by the party in 2004. That has to be some sort of a record. It only took them a year to decide they had to get rid of me. I was the first SNP parliamentarian to be expelled by the party and the first MSP of any party to be expelled.
My ‘offence’ that led to my expulsion was to have publicly criticised the ‘leadership’ of John Swinney – the Doyen of Devolution – and to have argued that the SNP should be demanding ‘independence, nothing less’, rather than seeking to manage the devolved Scottish Parliament within the United Kingdom.
https://www.barrheadboy.com/infiltration-of-the-snp/
By Killer Whale
Worth noting that Aled Job is one of the main instigators of a coup that turned Yes Cymru from a progressive, inclusive independence movement into an introspective, smoke-filled-rooms, seventies throwback, thus destroying years of hard work widening the social and cultural scope of Welsh nationalism. It's almost as if he was put up to it by Bill Gates, the Rothschilds and the undead corpse of the Duke of fucking Edinburgh.
By Youngian
Pity he doesn’t put forward a vision for an English state which I assume he believes in by default. The British labour movement is history, Labour’s unionism hinges on Westminster arithmetic giving them an electoral advantage and middle class liberals thinking the Union Jack is more inclusive than white van man displaying St George flags.
By Youngian
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:36 pm
Youngian wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:14 pm The British labour movement is history
I'd like to see your working on that.
Have a Google as to how many thousands of men in Atlee’s Britain in Wales, England and Scotland worked in coal mines in a single nationalised industry belonging to a single union that were considered the backbone of the British labour movement. Now it’s zero. Even public sector unions no longer negotiate through Westminster. Private sector unions in large corporates have employees in England, Scotland and Wales but also Ireland, Germany and Holland etc. The existence of the British state has little relevance to the same union organising in Dublin as well as London, Cardiff or Belfast.
By Tubby Isaacs
davidjay wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:59 pm And if they weren't in enough trouble already:
Surprised it's taken this long. Obvious position for Mr Broadbrush Hope, which will be Jez's role now.

The SNP of course do that stuff, but they also do work in government, sometimes good, sometimes bad, and have to defend trade offs. Jez will probably be irritating the hell out of them soon, with lectures on how there are too many defence jobs in Scotland or something.
Arrowhead liked this
By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:28 pm
davidjay wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:59 pm And if they weren't in enough trouble already:
Surprised it's taken this long. Obvious position for Mr Broadbrush Hope, which will be Jez's role now.

The SNP of course do that stuff, but they also do work in government, sometimes good, sometimes bad, and have to defend trade offs. Jez will probably be irritating the hell out of them soon, with lectures on how there are too many defence jobs in Scotland or something.
Right side of history, though.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]