:pray: 25 % :laughing: 75 %
By Tubby Isaacs
SNP councillor tells an Asian Labour councillor that "as a new Scot", she might be not be aware of the political background to the bedroom tax.

I don't think she meant anything more than "this might be before your time"- the Labour councillor doesn't have a Scottish accent, so may have moved to Scotland/UK recently. But it's not a great look. She's referred herself to the appropriate committee.

By Tubby Isaacs
kreuzberger wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:09 pm

Rats boarding a sinking ship - that's a new level of stupid.
In the 90s, England were getting stuffed by Australia and picked Martin McCague who had grown up in Australia but had been born in Northern Ireland. The Aussie media called him "the first rat to join a sinking ship".
Arrowhead liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Not particularly good for them here either.

It's a shame really, because the proposals are progressive and everywhere needs to raise more tax, even if the advocates seem to be exaggerating the amount they'd raise. But Scotland doesn't seem to be all that different to anywhere else in terms of how much it likes paying tax. So I guess it'll be more calling everyone else Tories.

Oboogie liked this
By Abernathy
Just watching Yousaf’s conference address on the telly box. Humza’s doing his best having been dealt a shitty hand, bless him, but the whole speech is fundamentally dishonest(the Hamas bit at the start aside). Applause line for saying “I have no idea what Keir Starmer stands for”. [here’s a clue, Humza, it ain’t fucking Scottish independence].

The first line on the first page of the SNP manifesto will say “vote SNP for an independent Scotland”.
Wasn’t that Ash Regan’s idea, rejected out of hand by Yousaf during the leadership contest ?

And Scotland will “go directly to the bond markets”. Not even sure exactly what that means, let alone whether it’s even legal.

The party faithful will give him the standing ovation of course, but in my view, it’s ringing hollow.
Last edited by Abernathy on Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arrowhead liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Abernathy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:04 pm Just watching Yousaf’s conference address on the telly box. Humza’s doing his best having been dealt a shitty hand, bless him, but the whole speech is fundamentally dishonest(the Hamas bit at the start aside). Applause line for saying “I have no idea what Keir Starmer stands for”. [here’s a clue, Humza, it ain’t fucking Scottish independence].

The first line on the first page of the SNP manifesto will say “vote SNP for an independent Scotland”.
Wasn’t that Ash Regan’s idea, rejected out of hand by Yousaf during the leadership contest ?

And Scotland will “go directly to the bond markets”. Not even sure exactly what that means, let alone whether it’s even legal.

The party faithful will give him the standing ovation of course, but in my view, it’s ringing hollow.
Scotland's had these borrowing powers for ages, apparently. Which is confusing because the latest sly soundbite is "Scotland's budget is fixed by Westminster".

Borrowing isn't cheap for anyone right now, but I suppose there's always a case for some well chosen capital projects.
By Tubby Isaacs
Pretty bad attempt to bullshit their way out of the situation, which was easily solved by fessing up and taking the £11,000 hit, which I'm sure could have been spread out a bit or covered by a loan from the SNP. The public hates stuff to do with the expenses, and this will add to an impression that they've been in power too long among even a section of Yes supporters.

Yousaf's visibly not up to Sturgeon's standard too. And specifically, I wonder if that rather daft speech where he reads out senior positions and says "White" after them has been viewed by a lot of voters. He had a point of course, but better to make it in abstract terms instead of picking out actual people. I can imagine some Reform Party goon doing that with non-white senior politicians.

Whatever it is they're not doing that well at the moment. The Westminster by-election was maybe sui generis, with Ferrier and Labour being able to bring in massive firepower for a one off (from, shock, England and Wales). But they're losing out in regular council by elections too.

Arrowhead liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]