:pray: 33.3 % :cry: 66.7 %
By Boiler
Apparently six forces are now in special measures.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-w ... e-61993621

The forces are the Met, Greater Manchester, Cleveland, Gloucestershire, Staffordshire and Wiltshire.

Inspectors have raised "systemic concerns" about the Met, including its substandard response to emergency calls, "barely adequate" crime recording and a backlog of child abuse referrals.
By Samanfur
Police officers 'photographed and manipulated body of suicide victim'
The family also heard they added to pictures "an exclamation bubble coming out of my brother's mouth making fun of the way that he was".

The sister added that, during one meeting, the ombudsman and a Scotland Yard officer told her that her brother's genitals had been exposed in one of the photographs.

The same officer also allegedly photoshopped a speech bubble onto one of the photographs of the body and shared it on social media.

She also said she believed the word "taig", a derogatory term for Catholics, was among the language used in the speech bubble.
By MisterMuncher
I was coming here to post that, but I'm nearly glad you already have, because I don't really have the words for it.
By Yug
No surprises here

Anger over the Partygate scandal has been reignited after Scotland Yard confirmed that it did not send questionnaires to Boris Johnson before deciding against fining him for attending two Downing Street lockdown gatherings...

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... gatherings
By Yug
The Met demonstrates how nothing has changed in the last ten years

The Metropolitan police force is facing a fresh allegation of racism after a black man walking his dog claimed he was choked for 90 seconds in a headlock before being taken back to a police station and strip-searched.

Following a decade-long legal battle for justice, the Met last month accepted that Zac Sharif-Ali was illegally stopped and searched by a white officer, PC Duncan Bullock, on London’s Chiswick Common in December 2012.

Bullock, who was dressed in plain clothes, did not properly identify himself, failing to give his name or station, which made the search unlawful. Sharif-Ali was released without charge the same day...

https://amp.theguardian.com/law/2022/au ... and-search
They really are the gift that keeps on giving
By MisterMuncher
Things like *points at entire thread* are why I don't buy any of the "Grooming gangs go free because the cops don't want to be seen as racist" stories.

It's patently obvious that the don't give a fuck about that. It is, however, a nice excuse for their own incompetence and useful cover for the way they don't really give a shit about victims from certain demographics, too.
By Malcolm Armsteen
List of things the police don't give a fuck about:

1 Being called racist
2 Being racist and thinking all foreigners are wrong 'uns.
3 Being sexist and thinking women and girls are all slags and get what they deserve
4 Being classist and thinking that all working-class people are criminals (and that all Black, Irish or Pakistani citizens are working class)
5 Other coppers being criminals
6 Crimes that aren't 'tasty'
7 Kids
By Spoonman
More Met Police shittery...

Met Police subjected 650 children to ‘traumatising’ strip-searches

Black boys disproportionately targeted, new data shows

More than six hundred children were forced to endure “intrusive and traumatising” strip-searches by the Metropolitan Police over a two-year period, with Black boys disproportionately targeted, figures show.

Some 650 aged between 10 and 17 were strip-searched by the force’s officers between 2018 and 2020, according to data obtained from Scotland Yard by the Children’s Commissioner.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 40097.html
By Yug
Smart uniform will be a key part of the Met’s plans to bolster public confidence in its performance, Scotland Yard’s incoming Deputy Commissioner has revealed as she vowed to try to revive the force’s reputation.

Dame Lynne Owens said “standards matter in my view as they link directly to how the public see us” as she posted a picture online of her new shiny black shoes and hair nets...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/m ... 1.html?amp
I may be wrong here, but I'm not convinced a change of clothes will have the desired effect. Not when it's a complete change of fucking culture that's actually required.
By Yug
Hundreds of police officers who should have failed vetting checks may be in the job in England and Wales, a damning report has found.

The police watchdog looked at eight forces and found decisions on officers which were "questionable at best".

One officer convicted of domestic abuse and one accused of sexual assault were among those accepted.

"It's far too easy for the wrong people to get in," said Inspector of Constabulary, Matt Parr.

Of 725 sample cases closely examined in the review, there were concerns about 131 officers cleared to serve in police forces - but the watchdog said the true total could be much higher.

The report highlights misogyny and sexual misconduct, and was commissioned after the murder of Sarah Everard by a serving officer, which raised questions about police recruitment and vetting...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63478011
Tell us something we don't already know
By Malcolm Armsteen
131 out of 725.

That's almost 20% or 1 in 5...

The authors questioned 11,000 officers and staff - and of the women who responded, "an alarming number alleged appalling behaviour by male colleagues", raising concerns about risks to people outside the police.
"Almost without exception, they'd been on the receiving end of behaviour which absolutely has no place in the modern workplace," Mr Parr added.
Vetting is meant to be carried out when candidates apply to join or transfer to a police force and then every 10 years, or every seven for sensitive roles.
Instead, the review found officers passed despite having criminal records, being suspected of serious offences, having substantial debts or having family linked to organised crime.
By Bones McCoy
If I remember correctly, One in Five was the proportion that either Murdock or McKenzie boasted of having on the payroll.

Now imagine a world where one in five coppers is a wrong-un.
How would that impact justice for the most needy?
How would that impact the "big shots" doing crime with impunity?
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:10 am 131 out of 725.

That's almost 20% or 1 in 5...

The authors questioned 11,000 officers and staff - and of the women who responded, "an alarming number alleged appalling behaviour by male colleagues", raising concerns about risks to people outside the police.
"Almost without exception, they'd been on the receiving end of behaviour which absolutely has no place in the modern workplace," Mr Parr added.
Vetting is meant to be carried out when candidates apply to join or transfer to a police force and then every 10 years, or every seven for sensitive roles.
Instead, the review found officers passed despite having criminal records, being suspected of serious offences, having substantial debts or having family linked to organised crime.
By Andy McDandy
Golden age of coppering, when it was all about containment* and public order**.

*"They kept to their own/never called the cops"

**Putting some white man's stick about the hairies and blacks if they got ideas
By Yug
Just think, we are told that up to one fifth of police officers in England and Wales are as bad as these two.

Read it and weep

A woman has been paid £40,000 compensation by a police force after two officers trespassed in her home and unlawfully arrested her.

Nottinghamshire Police has admitted the officers used unlawful force against the woman and "committed batteries"....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-63177303
In the footage, the bailiff can be heard saying: "I've come to take that [Sharon's car] and then take goods out of the house as well."

Sgt Flint replies: "Yeah, OK, well we'll do that shall we?"

Sharon's aunt, who is standing outside, then points out that police should not assist bailiffs in seizing property.

Sgt Flint replies: "Yeah we are, so that's that. Well, that's what's happening, that's what's happening."

Sharon's aunt then points out the law again, but Sgt Flint dismisses her, saying: "Cool, that's fine, that's what's happening. Right, let's go."

I find this but quite frightening, actually

One of the officers was dismissed for gross misconduct but got his job back after appealing the sanction twice.
On what grounds should a lawbreaking cunt who seriously exceeded his authority and, at a disciplinary hearing, was found guilty of 12 counts of gross misconduct, be allowed to continue to serve as a police officer? It doesn't fill me with confidence.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]