:laughing: 71.4 % 🧥 14.3 % :🤗 14.3 %
Youngian wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:23 pm The remains of England’s previous patron saint (St Edmund) were removed to France where they remained until 1911.
According to the 10th century account of the saint’s life by Abbo of Fleury, who quotes Saint Dunstan as his source, Edmund was then bound to a tree, shot through by arrows and beheaded. The date was 20th November. His decapitated head is said to have been reunited with its body with the help of a talking wolf who protected the head and then called out “Hic, Hic, Hic” (“Here, Here, Here”) to alert Edmund’s followers.
Sounds badass.
By Youngian
The wolf has a statue on the west Norfolk coast
The story of his arrival in Hunstanton, his time ruling East Anglia, the dramatic story of his eventual martyrdom at the hands of the Vikings and the legendary appearance of a wolf to guard over his severed head can be discovered following the Hunstanton Wolf Trail. https://explorewestnorfolk.co.uk/venues ... -trail-68/
Attachments
IMG_6272.jpeg
IMG_6272.jpeg (920.54 KiB) Viewed 407 times
By davidjay
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:53 pm The Fash are on a day out in London to celebrate St George's Day.

So far:
1 arrest for assaulting a police horse - with an umbrella
1 arrest for drunk and disorderly
1 arrest for assault
3 arrested for assaulting emergency workers
Have you ever noticed that whereas previous violent groups (football hooligans, mods & rockers, skinheads, NF et al) were young lads, the fash are almost always thirty-plus and often older?
By satnav
Our local Tory Parliamentary candidate sent a leaflet out today with a big England flag on it. He then posted on Facebook saying that he was going to campaign to make St.George's Day an national holiday. The leaflet didn't go down to well in our house given that my wife is the daughter of Irish immigrants.
By Bones McCoy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:28 pm
Youngian wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:23 pm The remains of England’s previous patron saint (St Edmund) were removed to France where they remained until 1911.
According to the 10th century account of the saint’s life by Abbo of Fleury, who quotes Saint Dunstan as his source, Edmund was then bound to a tree, shot through by arrows and beheaded. The date was 20th November. His decapitated head is said to have been reunited with its body with the help of a talking wolf who protected the head and then called out “Hic, Hic, Hic” (“Here, Here, Here”) to alert Edmund’s followers.
Sounds badass.
Talking Wolf?
Bloody Furries; everywhere, these days.
By Youngian
davidjay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:21 pm It also strikes me that, rather like Remembrance, we've gone from saying why don't we celebrate it to demanding to know why we're not allowed to celebrate it without ever actually celebrating it.
St George’s Day was banned under Cromwell as saints were blasphemous papist idolatry.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:40 am
davidjay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:21 pm It also strikes me that, rather like Remembrance, we've gone from saying why don't we celebrate it to demanding to know why we're not allowed to celebrate it without ever actually celebrating it.
St George’s Day was banned under Cromwell as saints were blasphemous papist idolatry.
Cancel culture Cromwell strikes again.
By Watchman
Following the behaviour witnessed in Whitehall, yesterday, the "patriots" are claiming that its two tier policing of marches i.e. they let the pro-Palestinian ones to proceed without baton charges....whereas we get battered..................................let me think about that for a minute
By Bones McCoy
Watchman wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:12 am Following the behaviour witnessed in Whitehall, yesterday, the "patriots" are claiming that its two tier policing of marches i.e. they let the pro-Palestinian ones to proceed without baton charges....whereas we get battered..................................let me think about that for a minute
The two tiers are:
1. People who know how to behave in public.
2. Gobshites who kick off after a can of Stella.

The suggestion that the police should treat these groups equally is absurd.
But then, group two tend to lack basic reasoning skills.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Bones McCoy
Laurence Fox told to pay £180,000 in libel damages

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68899248
Laurence Fox has been ordered to pay £90,000 in damages each to two people he referred to as "paedophiles" on social media.

The actor-turned-politician lost a High Court libel case to former Stonewall trustee Simon Blake and drag artist Crystal.

Mr Fox made the remarks in an exchange on X, formerly Twitter, about a decision by Sainsbury's to mark Black History Month.

Mrs Justice Collins said it was a "gross, groundless and indefensible libel" in her written ruling.
You'd need a heart of lignum vitae (apologies to Wilde and Presley).
Dalem Lake liked this
By Yug
Has Looza got a 'full house' yet? He seems to be trying very hard to complete his far-right edge lord disgusting human being bingo card

Police are investigating a social media post by Laurence Fox in relation to an “upskirting offence”.

The tweet, posted on Tuesday, featured a compromising image of Narinder Kaur, a broadcaster on Good Morning Britain and GB News. The post remained on Fox’s account until it was deleted on Thursday.

Posting on X, Kaur confirmed that it was now “a police matter” and said the image was “unimaginably mortifying” as she thanked people on the social media platform for their support...

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/art ... inder-kaur
All together now. One, two, three

MAN'S A CUNT!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]