:sunglasses: 33.3 % :pray: 11.1 % :laughing: 55.6 %
By mattomac
It’s just been a constant pile on.

Stagnant economy is fine if prices are just rumbling along at a small rate, when it ends up going up to 18pts you have fundamentally change the way your living and the Governments inability to connect with people wasn’t helping.

Throw in then the massive thing that most people adhered to wasn’t by those in power and then you’ve lost a sizeable vote already. Then you do whatever that was Truss did and any last bit of trust people have is gone.

They will go overexcited and talk about price rises stabilising but the issue is they are now stable at a price that be deemed as silly 2 years ago.

People have tuned out, that’s why quite sizeable tax cuts caused hardly a ripple.
By Bones McCoy
Meanwhile back on ConservativeHome they're calling for an all-out war on the Unions.
* Make them pay for losses incurred during industrial action.
* Make them illegal.

Nobody's quite sunk to "Round 'em up, stick 'em in a filed and nuke the bastards" (Kenny Everett).
But there's an increasing number of pisstaking trolls contributing (Very difficult to tell).
So I think it's only a matter of time.
By Crabcakes
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:55 pm I almost believe it's a wind up. Perhaps Sunak will stand outside No. 10 honking a Chris Evans joke horn. Laying the ground for "Don't believe everything the media tells you!" as the slogan for the general election when it happens in October.
My source (mate of a Lib Dem MP) says all their internal sources and those of Labour say it seems to be the real deal this time.
Oboogie, Arrowhead liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Crabcakes wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:02 pm
My source (mate of a Lib Dem MP) says all their internal sources and those of Labour say it seems to be the real deal this time.
Probably right. I assume it's happening because there's no money for a tax cut. Hence no need for another budget. So go for July.
Oboogie liked this
By Watchman
Amazingly, just this morning the postie delivered a 8 page “newspaper” from the local dead duck.

But it seems all a bit overkill, surely you don’t need everyone in touching distance, if all you’re going to do is make an announcement that we’re having a GE
By Oboogie
satnav wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:34 pm Sunak has probably decided that nothing is going to get much better in the next 4 or 5 months. They are not stopping the boats anytime soon and interest rates are not coming down any time. Inflation might just drop to 2% next month but it won't have any real impact on the electorate.
They don't have the £10bn for Hunt's proposed September tax cut bride either.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]