:sunglasses: 20 % :pray: 10 % :laughing: 70 %
By Spoonman
Boiler wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:12 pm
Abernathy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:34 pm I must admit, I wasn't expecting Fargle's new website to be quite so well-designed. :-)

https://accountclosed.org.uk/?fbclid=Iw ... 1Gw-cgHHLo
Unsurprisingly, Nominet is keeping who's behind that behind closed doors...
I think that's the case for all .uk domain names since GDPR was implemented. I have a .me.uk domain name (currently in use only for emails) which checking on Nominets' WHOIS and pretty much every other no longer gives any registrant info other than whom the domain name was ordered with or transferred to, when it was first registered in the current time period, when it's due to expire (assuming a renewal does not take place before then) and that the details registered with Nominet are valid.

Prior to this, personal .uk registrations could have all details other than the registerant's name withheld from the public WHOIS database, but business registrations mandated having public address, phone number & email contacts available.
Boiler liked this
By Boiler
Spoonman wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:31 pm Prior to this, personal .uk registrations could have all details other than the registerant's name withheld from the public WHOIS database, but business registrations mandated having public address, phone number & email contacts available.
Indeed that seems to be the case now: I just checked my two domains on NOMINET and they both say that the name of the registrant is redacted for reasons of privacy.
By Yug
And the gurning fascist manfrog has won

Mr Farage said the new boss of Coutts had written to him to say he could keep the accounts.

Coutts and its parent company NatWest have been embroiled in a row with Mr Farage, which last week led to resignations at the top of both banks.

NatWest said it could not comment on individual customers.

Speaking on his GB News programme, Mr Farage said the interim chief executive of Coutts, Mohammad Kamal Syed, had made the offer to continue banking with them.

"He has written to me to say I can keep both my personal and my business accounts," Mr Farage said.

"And that's good and I thank him for it."

Mr Farage did not say whether he planned to accept the offer to stay with Coutts, which offers services exclusively to wealthy clients...

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66367896.amp
A big "Well done" to all of those arseholes in the British Government who got involved in something that was nothing to do with the government and pressurised a private company into caving in to an odious streak of shit. It really makes me proud to be British. :evil:

(Where's the vomiting smiley when you need it?)
Watchman, Oboogie, davidjay liked this
By Boiler
From elsewhere.
Nice, only cost Nat West £850,000000 to learn that you can't barrage the Farage :). They could have just acted fairly, kept the accounts open and saved themselves a lot of grief.

Contrast that with Tory Grant shapps who also faced similar treatment from his bank but did nothing. An average politician verses a Farage.

Its why he should be PM.
By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:46 pm From elsewhere.
Nice, only cost Nat West £850,000000 to learn that you can't barrage the Farage :). They could have just acted fairly, kept the accounts open and saved themselves a lot of grief.

Contrast that with Tory Grant shapps who also faced similar treatment from his bank but did nothing. An average politician verses a Farage.

Its why he should be PM.
I'm sure it's pure coincidence that his most vehement fanboys sound like blackshirts.

We can't blame him for the type of people he attracts, can we?
Spoonman liked this
By Spoonman
Bones McCoy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:10 pm
Boiler wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:46 pm From elsewhere.

Its why he should be PM.
I'm sure it's pure coincidence that his most vehement fanboys sound like blackshirts.

We can't blame him for the type of people he attracts, can we?
I guess the question is that aside from achieving Brexit, what has F**age ever achieved as a politician? In particular, ask fishermen from the likes of Grimsby that one.

Also, once again, how the fuck is a parafascist throwing his toys out of his pram about having to bank alongside the common folk instead of the 1% still headline news?

Edit: As for the "he should be PM" bit, he'd never want it. Like Alex Johnson he craves the power but never the responsibility.
By Spoonman
Additional quip: F**age's "high-class" tantrum has ended up costing the taxpayer hundreds of millions of pounds in terms of the state's investments in NatWest. Combine that with the bleedin' fucking obvious financial cost that's been the side effect of Brexit, and having him is PM would end up bankrupting the country in a matter of years - though like the DUP in Northern Ireland, he, his fellow travellers & arse lickers would only be too happy for that to happen as long as they could perpetually rule over the resulting ashes.
By Spoonman
If I'm right it's now over a month since Fagbreath publicly whinged his way back into having a bank account serving the 0.1%ers. Since I'm no longer on the social media platform formally known as Twitter, and a general web search seems to just give blank results, how's his "if it could happen to me it could happen to you" campaign against bank-led account closures going, does any fellow MWFer know?
By Yug
In "Dull Men's Club" on Facebook (of which, of course, I am a member), there is a discussion of the correct pronunciation of various words and brand/product names. I thought this reply was worthy of sharing.
Attachments
IMG_20230917_094503.jpg
IMG_20230917_094503.jpg (76.12 KiB) Viewed 6935 times
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]