:sunglasses: 20 % :pray: 10 % :laughing: 70 %
By satnav
Farage is still trying to get the last bit of capital out of the de-banking story. Today's independent report does find he was treated badly but makes it clear that the bank did act lawfully and that his account was indeed closed on commercial grounds.

This story really does seem to have parallels with the Boris Johnson Covid story. Johnson exaggerated how ill he was with Covid knowing that medics couldn't really call him out without compromising patient confidentiality. Farage seems to have done exactly the same. He lied about why is account was closed knowing that if the bank contradicted him he would be able to claim that thy has breached his confidentiality. He must have thought all his birthdays had come at once particularly when the bank's boss was caught telling a BBC journalist that Farage was being dishonest.
By Andy McDandy
Means nothing really. These shows hit up every 'talent' and artiste management agency they can with blanket requests. Fargle is almost certainly signed up to one. This is the same as those "Beckham in consideration as next Bond" pieces.

That said, I'm not sure about Fargle. As I said earlier, he will wank for coins if that means keeping him in the public eye. But as the milkshake stuff showed, he really doesn't like being made to look a prat. It has to be on his terms.
By AOB
It's not good news if he goes on that. Hislop gets tetchy when HIGNFY is accused of kickstarting, or at least boosting in the early days, Farage and Johnson's popularity. He gets tetchy because he knows it's true. This keeps him in the public eye, a lot of viewers who don't know what he's about will like him the way a lot liked Hancock (from what I gleaned anyway) for "being a good sport" etc. It's a clever move from him unfortunately.
Tubby Isaacs, Boiler liked this
By Crabcakes
It could also backfire in that he could get nominated for every single awful trial thing and find out that, outside of his bubble, he’s enormously unpopular and people really would love to see him choking down a steaming bowl of kangaroo anuses while large bugs are poured over his head.

And given he’s both an egomaniac and a coward, I suspect he’d quit in a strop.
By Spoonman
I'd lean with CC's thoughts - whilst Hancock made it to a final 3, as far as the public in general are concerned he's a massive hapless twat that otherwise couldn't do much more damage in the public sphere by the time he entered the jungle and thus there was plenty of apathy concerning his IACGMOOH stint.

The same would not apply to Farage - he is someone that has already riled up enough of the UK public to ensure that there will be co-ordinated attempts to ensure he gets the Katie Price treatment at a bare minimum, especially as unlike Hancock he is still somehow quite influential in high political circles. He maybe already knows this, knowing that if he's selected day after day to do the nasty bits he could try and play this off as being the victim of a witch hunt/"remoaners"/deep state/take your pick - but he'd have to ensure he knows that he can handle a lot of short-term humiliation for potential long term gain, and that is no guarantee, especially if he doesn't get on with the rest of of the 'slebs. We already know he threw a strop when Coutts originally decided he wasn't good enough for them, I'm not sure his ego - especially where he cannot control most of the elements surrounding him - can cope with that.

In addition, given the report to him vs. Coutts, it confirmed that by right the bank was in the clear to close his account with them on the basis of their general terms. It is perhaps no surprise that aside from his KGBN gig, his wingnut welfare isn't flowing as much as it used to be.
By Abernathy
I really cannot recommend James O’Brien’s new book highly enough.
This is his scathing dismissal of Farage :
If Cameron’s downfall was his arrogance, his nemesis was Nigel Farage (Chapter 5). An ingratiating and insidious relic of the 1970s far right, Farage managed to avoid the fate of previously prominent fascist-adjacent politicians by eschewing their sinister surliness (most of the time) and instead dressing up as a country squire while cloaking himself in a miasma of beer fumes and cigarette smoke. A generation left bamboozled and betrayed by the swiftness with which the Britain of Bernard Manning and Enoch Powell had been abandoned took him to their hearts because he made their prejudices feel respectable again.
Andy McDandy, Oboogie, Dalem Lake and 2 others liked this
By satnav
Farage has spent the last few months spreading the narrative that his Coutts account was closed because of his political views rather than because he was skint but surely the only reason he would go into the Jungle would be for a very large paycheque.

Given that most of the camp mates are likely to be ex soap stars, reality TV stars or singers there is unlikely to be anybody around to call bullshit when he starts trotting out his usual lies and misinformation. Having said that Joe Barton was recently sacked as the Bristol Rovers manager so perhaps they could sign him up to have a few spats with Nigel.
By Youngian
Abernathy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:21 pm I really cannot recommend James O’Brien’s new book highly enough.
This is his scathing dismissal of Farage :
If Cameron’s downfall was his arrogance, his nemesis was Nigel Farage (Chapter 5). An ingratiating and insidious relic of the 1970s far right, Farage managed to avoid the fate of previously prominent fascist-adjacent politicians by eschewing their sinister surliness (most of the time) and instead dressing up as a country squire while cloaking himself in a miasma of beer fumes and cigarette smoke. A generation left bamboozled and betrayed by the swiftness with which the Britain of Bernard Manning and Enoch Powell had been abandoned took him to their hearts because he made their prejudices feel respectable again.
Because growing number of immigrants are white Europeans “we can now have a sensible conversation about immigration,” was Farage’s line. He then preceded to dog whistle Powell and the NF’s poison back into the public discourse. There were no Polish nannies on his jumping point posters.
By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:02 pm Fuck, look at this farce. The Information Commissioner have really fucked Alison Rose over.

I wonder if she could sue.
I fucking hope so.
Too much in this country has the foul stink of "chums doing favours for chums".
Boiler, Samanfur, Spoonman liked this
By Abernathy
“Given millions hate me, I do expect people will vote for me to do trials! My crime was to stand against an establishment view and I was for many years the lone voice saying Europe wasn’t where we should be, so I have been a little bit demonised. I am hoping those who hate me might hate me a little bit less afterwards. But it’s a gamble.”
Dream on, you frog-faced, hateful little racist cunt . I dare say the reported 1.5 million quid fee might ease your pain.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]