:sunglasses: 20 % :pray: 10 % :laughing: 70 %
By Andy McDandy
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ity-brexit

Marina Hyde on the cunt down under:
Farage has, however, farted out the old chestnut about wanting people to see the real him. Many will believe they already know quite enough about the real Nigel – but if he does pull off his Conservative party leadership heist (intensely debatable), it won’t be because of his appearance on this show.
Farage has zero hinterland. I once asked him about his favourite movie, and for an agonising stretch it was quite clear he couldn’t actually think of the names of any movies at all.

To watch him in the jungle is to watch an emotional black hole trying very hard not to come across as one. When another campmate cries or is distressed, Little Me is mesmerisingly out of his depth. The politician part of him knows he’s expected to comfort them in some way, but the human part of him doesn’t know how.
On the whole, some good barbs, but comes down on the side of "nobody's going to change their minds about him, stop making a big deal about it", which I suspect comes from Hyde seeing him as essentially raw material rather than just a cunt. Also, I suspect the presence of Grace Dent might deter her from slagging it off too much.
By davidjay
From Popbitch:

This week, we have a new one. I'm A Celebrity campmate Nigel Farage was caught mumbling conspiratorially on camera that he was actually rather gutted not to be nominated for the Bushtucker Trials because they account for "25% of the airtime".

Essentially, it seems Farage was banking on being so disliked by the public that he'd be constantly voted to eat wombat anus, get doused in fireants and be buried up to his neck in maggots – and therefore hog the limelight. What he didn't account for was the public hating a YouTuber and Britney Spears' sister more.

So now he's stuck in the jungle, subject to an even more perverse punishment: being desperate to eat kangaroo cock on telly, but being denied the chance.
By davidjay
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:42 pm We don't usually kink-shame on here, but that's both niche and fucked up.
It's also totally believable. What he wants more than anything is publicity. I still believe that Bozo didn't become Prime Minister because he was a character, it was because he was famous outside politics and in our celebrity culture he was, perhaps, the first celebrity politician. Fargle isn't all that bothered about whether he's loved, loathed or ridiculed on TV, just as long as he's not ignored. And let's be honest about this; if the Tories got hard evidence that him as post-election leader would be a vote-winner he'd get a safe seat within minutes.
By Spoonman
No interest in the show myself, but the little I've read about it's current going's on appear to indicate that two other "'slebs" on the show, one apparently being a YouTube content creator, are creating the most drama on the show and thus getting the most screen time. Of course, it could be that the format is tired and either needs a break or ditched completely but either way, Fa**ge has shown that he definitely isn't a prime time ratings grabber and if I was an ITV exec, I'd be looking for whoever made the reported £1.5 million deal to bring him on to the show, to have a word.

And TBH, the fact that not only ratings are down for a Fa**ge infested ITV show, but that those actually watching it don't generally seem to care much about him is pretty much popping the bubble of the myth of Fa**ge - it couldn't work out worse for him, and shows that at least these days he's all media hype and nothing else. It really, really puts into context the utter ridiculousness of all the reporting on him being "cancelled" by Coutts in the Summer. Barely anyone outside the London media bubble & Gammonville gave much of a shit.
By Rosvanian
My 23 year old daughter is watching it and from the tiny bit I've seen, it's a very tired format. Minor celebs chomping down on an ostrich arsehole is all a bit yesteryear. Her excuse is that, understandably, she likes to unwind by watching shit TV after a 13 hour shift in Critical Care.
By Bones McCoy
Rosvanian wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:58 pm My 23 year old daughter is watching it and from the tiny bit I've seen, it's a very tired format. Minor celebs chomping down on an ostrich arsehole is all a bit yesteryear. Her excuse is that, understandably, she likes to unwind by watching shit TV after a 13 hour shift in Critical Care.
Isn't that the death spiral of every "Reality" show.
Series 1: New, surprising, occasionally throught provoking.
Series 2, and maybe 3: Producers introduce novel stuff and refine popular ideas.
Series 15: Phoning in the same old shit in a tired format, with tired "zelebs" and a dwindling fanbase.
By Abernathy
https://newsthump.com/2023/11/27/natio ... U7T3qQn51U

Nation’s easily-manipulated simpletons continue to be enthralled by arsehole in the jungle
The UK has proven once again that it is choc-full of pliable imbeciles willing to forgive anything if someone is capable of consuming an animal sphincter for their entertainment.

As Nigel Farage continues entertain simpletons with his appearance in I’m a Celebrity, non-morons everywhere let out a collective sigh and muttered, “this is why we can’t have nice things.”

Fan of the show and borderline simpleton Simon Williams told us, “Look, I know he’s been responsible for stoking division and demonising minorities and the vulnerable, but look at how much fun he’s been in the jungle. When he ate the cock pizza? That was brilliant.

“And yes, to be completely clear, if someone is willing to debase themselves on TV for a few minutes each evening then I can happily forgive them for spending their entire political career making the whole country a less welcoming place for anyone who dares to be slightly different, and for making the entire country worse after Brexit.

“I’m not saying I would definitely vote for him in an election, but it’s very very likely.”
By Crabcakes
This is Farage hoisting himself on his own petard (or more fitting for him, burning himself on his own dog-end) - he thought he’d get to be on TV and get loads of exposure. But the exposure he has had is showing him to be remarkably boring, and consequently the dwindling viewership neither hate him enough to constantly vote him into higher-exposure scenarios where he can cry crocodile tears about being targeted by woke lefty remainers, nor find him interesting or amusing enough to do the same for pure entertainment value.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... t-of-there

Stewart Lee goes in for the kill. Brutal stuff.
The problem with having Farage on I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here! is that most of the jungle twats, and the two perma-grinning apologist pricks who present it, do not have the ability, or the inclination, to offer even the gentlest of informed criticism of Farage’s untenable political positions and unsavoury historical associations. Farage may as well be on BBC News with a bunch of acquiescent BBC News journalists. Thus, ITV provides an uncritical platform for a dangerous demagogue to present himself as a man of the people without being held to account in any meaningful way, paving his way to power. Sound familiar? The Apprentice gave America Donald Trump and Have I Got News for You gave Britain Boris Johnson.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]