:sunglasses: 20 % :pray: 10 % :laughing: 70 %
By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:46 pm
satnav wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:44 pm Oh dear, after all the money spent on adverts and lots of multiple voting Farage only managed to come turd.
And I'm sure it's just a coincidence that he was in it right up until the final night, therefore guaranteeing maximum publicity for ITV, then came last when they didn't need to, er, manipulate the voting anymore.
These "reality" shows share a common voting system whose early stages are open to rigging.
There are the early eliminations and the final.
Actually there are 2 variants:

In the most easily rigged versions "The Judges" present two victims.
The public vote between BarAbbas and the Nazarene.
If the Judges believe your long term presence is in the show's favour, you won't be in those votes, no matter how bad your singing and dancing.

In the others, it's "Vote to save", where a small following goes a long way.
You don't need to outrun the velociraptor, you need to outrun the slowest guy.
Farage's cult (sp) following keeps him safe from early eliminations.

Then there's the final, a straight up FPTP shoot out.
Much as I dislike FPTP in political contexts, we do get to see the true popularity of Hancock / Farage.
And it's inevitably last / worst / lowest placing.
By Spoonman
If Fa**ge genuinely believes that he was cheated out of being crowned "King of the jungle" by a rigged ITV poll, his first port of call should be a formal complaint to Ofcom. After the shenanigans of the mid-'00 involving ITV and their on-air viewer competitions, they are sure to be sensitive to any accusations of them taking viewers money whilst "rigging" a poll.

And as for the "come get me if you dare" bravado, at some point Fa**ge will mess with the wrong person/company and will be left in a sorry state. The likes of ITV will know that if they take Fa**ge on for libel, it'll be telling anyone involved within themselves to zip it shut completely within 160ft of any potential journalist.
By AOB
Bones McCoy wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:46 am

In the most easily rigged versions "The Judges" present two victims.
The public vote between BarAbbas and the Nazarene.
If the Judges believe your long term presence is in the show's favour, you won't be in those votes, no matter how bad your singing and dancing.
In Strictly, the judges are in control right up until the final. The judges will have their 3 or 4 favourites that they think benefits the dancing aspect of the show and it's very unlikely that two of those will be in the dance-off to stay. Those two arrive there as a combination of judge scores and viewer votes so there's even an element of production control in that aspect, meaning a popular with the public but shit at dancing type will eventually find themselves in that two, long enough to keep viewers but kept away from the final so as to retain an element of authenticity to the dance element of the show.
By Andy McDandy
Not entirely. There have been contestants in recent years who have bucked those trends. For example, last year Matt Goss was technically very good, but his personality was abrasive and arrogant, and he was sent to the dance-offs regularly until he lost. That was the public just not voting for him.

The lineup matters - there's a run through before the show and the running order is drawn up (and this gives the judges an idea of what they'll be seeing, so they can start making notes and preparing spontaneous quips). Opener and closer will always be strong acts, and closer benefits from being fresh in the memory. Third couple will generally be the weakest, as that's the round where Craig opens the commentary.
AOB liked this
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:34 am Not entirely. There have been contestants in recent years who have bucked those trends. For example, last year Matt Goss was technically very good, but his personality was abrasive and arrogant, and he was sent to the dance-offs regularly until he lost. That was the public just not voting for him.

The lineup matters - there's a run through before the show and the running order is drawn up (and this gives the judges an idea of what they'll be seeing, so they can start making notes and preparing spontaneous quips). Opener and closer will always be strong acts, and closer benefits from being fresh in the memory. Third couple will generally be the weakest, as that's the round where Craig opens the commentary.
Third place is also to be avoided (source #3 son) for army sections dashing across a gap.

In my line of work it was the conference presenting slot following lunchtime.
By RandomElement
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:34 am Not entirely. There have been contestants in recent years who have bucked those trends. For example, last year Matt Goss was technically very good, but his personality was abrasive and arrogant, and he was sent to the dance-offs regularly until he lost. That was the public just not voting for him.

I had noticed the first and last dance being strong, but not the 3rd dance being weak, I'll look out for that next year.
Possibly Goss, as well as getting in the dance-off, the producers probably got bad feedback from the professional he was working with.
By Abernathy
Farage was NOT binned off by Coutts foe being a racist cunt. Though, obviously he could and should have been,

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... GchZ-EKHHI

No evidence Coutts closed accounts due to political views, report says
By Watchman
From The Guardian.......................no, I've checked, its not 1st April

Meanwhile, Nigel Farage has urged a potential incoming Labour government to make him ambassador to the US in the “national interest”.
He says he is “half-joking” but also said he would be “ideal” for the role in a future Keir Starmer government.

He told The Sun:

Labour must think very, very hard in the national interest about what they are going to do with an incoming Trump administration. And right at the moment, I think they are ignoring it.

You’ve got to have someone who can actually walk into the Oval Office and talk face to face with an incoming President Trump.

So, half jokingly I could say me, but I can’t see them ever appointing me.

But, I would be ideal for it. I would be, I am being serious, I would be. But they need to think very hard.
By Andy McDandy
Ambassadors normally speak to the Secretary of State. OK, in the event of Trump winning, whoever that is will just be a cut out doing little more than relaying messages. But crucially an ambassador has to stay on script (and/or know precisely how much they can deviate from it in a pinch). Fargle?
Abernathy liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]