:sunglasses: 33.3 % 🧥 66.7 %
By Andy McDandy
She's in the news today, having won a court case against a Muslim pupil who argued that her school was discriminatory in not allowing Muslim pupils time and space to pray (described as "prayer rituals" by the usual suspects). She won, and is crowing about it in her typical manner. Her fellow wasnkers, sorry, travellers are arguing that legal aid for judicial review cases should be scrapped and isn't this a marvellous victory for common sense. Esther McFuckingVeigh said "Hallelulijah! Praise the Lord!".

A few observations:

1. She's a cunt.

2. How long before "no special treatment for any religion" impacts on Christianity? You know, like Quentin Letts saying there should be mandatory prayers each day? And what will the overlap between those mentioned above and those screaming blue murder about Christian culture being erased look like. Like a fucking circle with a thick diameter, I predict.

3. This crap:
'To the Jehovah Witnesses: We teach Macbeth as a GCSE text, even though it has witches in it. To the Muslims: We don't have a prayer room. To the Christians: We will offer revision classes on Sundays. To the Hindus: The plates will have been touched by eggs.
Macbeth is a work of fiction, something most JWs would appreciate (And besides, what's the moral? Don't trust witches.). A Sunday revision class is an opt-in that doesn't impact on mandatory school time. Denying people any space or opportunity to fulfil a central requirement of their faith is a little more serious.

I'm not religious, but I'm also not a wanker. This smacks very heavily of treating all faiths equally, but some more equally than others.

Also, if the school is secular, why are they singing the national anthem, which is explicitly religious?
Philip Marlow, Youngian liked this
By Watchman
What's this bollox about common sense, its the legal profession apply the law, as they do in every case.
Was the use of Halleluiah! Praise the Lord!". a deliberate Christian reference, my money's on yes.
And how the case was funded is of no concern to Birbalsingh, has she ever questioned how these "I'm not allowed to wear a crucifix at work" cases are funded.
All schools should be secular, but with a mature accommodation of the many beliefs that are constitute within the students.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
By Youngian
Haven't seen anything in Birbalsingh or her apologists' politics to indicate they want a more formal secularist state such as disestablishing the CoE or ending coronations, prayers in parliament, mandatory legislator appointments for bishops etc. Good to know they'll be bringing up this kind of stuff
By Crabcakes
For someone who works around kids, it’s remarkable she hasn’t caught on to the fact that kids take the piss a lot.

“Hey, Miss - I identify as pasta!”
<class erupts into giggles>
Birbalsingh: this is woke madness!
Teacher: I think it was just a joke, Head
Birbalsingh: Madness, I say. MADNESS!!!

(See also: kids shouting “Oh, Jeremy Corbyn” at a festival turning out to not mean kids actually give much of a shit about Jeremy Corbyn)
Oboogie, mattomac liked this
By Youngian
Furries? I assume this is what’s she’s talking about. What are they supposed to be doing wrong?
The term furry describes a diverse community of fans, artists, writers, gamers, and role players. Most furries create for themselves an anthropomorphized animal character (fursona) with whom they identify and can function as an avatar within the community. Some furries wear elaborate costumes (called fursuits) or paraphernalia such as animal ears or tails, or represent themselves as anthropomorphic animals in online communities such as Second Life.
Furry fandom is an inclusive term that describes the community of furries that span online, local, and international settings. The furry fandom is global, with hundreds of local groups existing worldwide and dozens of conventions held annually.
A small subset of furries (~10%), called “therians,” believe they are spiritually connected to animals, are less than (or more than) 100% human, are an animal trapped in a human body, or were an animal in a former life. Otherkin, like therians, feel spiritually connected to non-human species, but the species extend to mystical species, e.g., dragons, griffons, and minotaurs.
More than 75% of furries are under the age of 25. Approximately 84% of furries identify as male, 13% female, and 2.5% are transgender. Furries are predominantly (83.2%) white. Approximately one-third identify as exclusively heterosexual; furries are about five times more likely to identify as exclusively homosexual than the general population. Nearly 60% of the furry fandom reports part-time or full-time enrollment in post-secondary education. https://furscience.com/whats-a-furry/
By Andy McDandy
Crabcakes wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:27 am For someone who works around kids, it’s remarkable she hasn’t caught on to the fact that kids take the piss a lot.
Always good to remember that for all her purported intelligence, she appears to have neither a sense of humour, nor any sort of hinterland. Remember her Lord of the Rings/Flies confusion, or her amazing summary of Death of a Salesman?

Also, she doesn't work around kids. She uses her school as a launchpad for her opinions. The rest of the staff implement her ideas.
mattomac liked this
By Bones McCoy
Crabcakes wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:27 am For someone who works around kids, it’s remarkable she hasn’t caught on to the fact that kids take the piss a lot.

“Hey, Miss - I identify as pasta!”
<class erupts into giggles>
Birbalsingh: this is woke madness!
Teacher: I think it was just a joke, Head
Birbalsingh: Madness, I say. MADNESS!!!

(See also: kids shouting “Oh, Jeremy Corbyn” at a festival turning out to not mean kids actually give much of a shit about Jeremy Corbyn)
This is ....

By Andy McDandy
davidjay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:16 am Does she ever get any time to teach?
Her? Teach? Oh my sweet summer child...

She apparently worked as a teacher once. I suspect she figured that telling other teachers what to do was preferable to actually teaching. After all, she knows she's right, so any failure is down to the teacher messing up.

Jonathan Gullis and CS Lewis's awful headmistress from The Silver Chair spring to mind.
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:48 am
davidjay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:16 am Does she ever get any time to teach?
Her? Teach? Oh my sweet summer child...

She apparently worked as a teacher once. I suspect she figured that telling other teachers what to do was preferable to actually teaching. After all, she knows she's right, so any failure is down to the teacher messing up.

Jonathan Gullis and CS Lewis's awful headmistress from The Silver Chair spring to mind.
I know that Rowling's hardly flavour du jour, but she nailed a couple of contemporary toxic types.

Dolores Umbridge - the 'orrible 'eadmistress. <== That's Birbalsingh, that is.

Reeta Skeeter - Gossip columnist at the Daily Prophet.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]