:sunglasses: 33.3 % 🧥 66.7 %
By Spoonman
Andy McDandy wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:56 pm Far as I can see, she's another Oxford cunt with Strong Opinions who knows she's right about everything.
Bit in bold - if there's one thing I've caught on to it is the irony of those who think they're "right about anything" end up never learning about anything.
By Bones McCoy
RandomElement wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:20 pm Geez, It would have been terrible for me. The best way for me to listen to the teacher, was to look out of the window and relax my eye and just listen. As for looking the teacher in the eyes; I still find it difficult to look at people in the eyes now, I'm in my mid forties. As for smiling all the time, No, just no.

ETA, how exactly is this meant to get kids ready for life, what job has that kind of rigidity, a part from perhaps the armed services.
Yeah, but it's a good way to get all the SEN kids excluded and game your average C's per pupil (or whatever the latest batshit metric happens to be).

Unfortunately the sharp elbowed parents love that sort of thing.
Until their kid's the one in need of a bit of assistance.
By Andy McDandy
Spoonman wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:21 pm
Bit in bold - if there's one thing I've caught on to it is the irony of those who think they're "right about anything" end up never learning about anything.
They once read a book, or a blog, or an article, and decided that it had all the answers.
By Cyclist
I don't believe this is a carefully planned exercise to get rid of the children of non-PLU. Rather, it's a case of an intelligent and educated, but stupid, person doing what she *knows* is right, without once pausing to consider that she may be wrong. Add in a dose of petty demagogue who thinks authority=power and is using the opportuñity to (subconsciously) play out her authoritarian fantasy.

David Dunning and Justin Kruger would be faecinated by this.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
As a strategy it was really used by some schools, especially in the early days of competitive league tables. Selection through the back door.

Burble and others like her have a very restricted moral compass - see what I wrote on Kohlberg.
By Andy McDandy
Her biography on wikipedia is rather strange. Lots of gaps, seemingly becomes a deputy head overnight, and the main takeaway is that she knocked around with the right people at university.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:38 pm I had the impression she was plucked out of obscurity for the Tory conference. But that's probably naive of me.
Funnily enough, that's my recollection. And that had nothing to do with her being given a Free School...
By Bones McCoy
Cyclist wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:31 am I don't believe this is a carefully planned exercise to get rid of the children of non-PLU. Rather, it's a case of an intelligent and educated, but stupid, person doing what she *knows* is right, without once pausing to consider that she may be wrong. Add in a dose of petty demagogue who thinks authority=power and is using the opportuñity to (subconsciously) play out her authoritarian fantasy.

David Dunning and Justin Kruger would be faecinated by this.
I'll disagree on "selection by exclusion".
A look at the distribution (some schools / heads doing it a lot) and targets (Mostly SEN boys) getting excluded.
The signs are there that the policy was being used cynically by people who knew exactly what they were doing.
By Tubby Isaacs
There are all manner of strokes pulled across the board, but as Cyclist says, this might just be somebody getting high on their own supply.

Labour went hard for abolishing academies and restoring LAs last time. If they don't do that this time (which they probably won't because lots of parents will be happy with the academies their kids go to) I'd like to see a much bigger focus on stopping the strokes being pulled.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]