:sunglasses: 33.3 % 🧥 66.7 %
By Tubby Isaacs
davidjay wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:51 am It's not so much having friends as no-one, so far as I can see, has ever been found or has stood up to say what a great school it was for them and how it changed their life, which is a bit strange given how often she says she empowers disadvantaged children. .
This isn't the sort of thing 16 year olds are inclined to do, and if they were, they'd probably think in terms of their teachers rather than the headteacher. But the Progress 8 is real enough, even with the advantages that the school has. James Ball rather mucked up his article by not mentioning it at all.

As I say, the big problems I have with Michaela is the pretense that all schools can be like that if only every school was run by a Birbalsingh. It's success depends on their being other schools to take pupils who it wouldn't suit. And I don't like the curriculum- see Warwick Mansell's thread. I asked various Twitter supporters of hers if their kids went to schools like that.
By MisterMuncher
Come, come Malcolm. Surely you're aware that it's only completely arbitrary and vindictive rules that she's made up that must be strictly obeyed by those without any hope of a fair fight?

Everything outside of that is completely up for grabs
By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:45 pm I wonder if Birbalsingh allows pupils at her school to pay for their lunches with cash because nearly every secondary school I know only allow prepayment cards in their canteens.
If only somebody had beaten Corbyn P up, and stolen his "lunch money".
By Tubby Isaacs
Today's culture war bollocks. Kids can't read because they're doing yoga.

Precisely how much time in school is spent on yoga? I can remember my primary school having some kids who weren't great at reading. They got some extra help, but what was the school supposed to do? Turf them out of art and PE lessons to do more reading? Or should the whole school give up PE and art to do more reading?

By MisterMuncher
Realistically, if a child is having significant difficulty in meeting literacy and numeracy targets under regular classroom instruction, it's an underlying social or educational needs issue. Snuffy here insulates herself from that by running a school that uses PR to create de facto academic selection.

Now, I can't hope to pin down if her stories and attitudes are down to real or affected ignorance, or if her motives are down to culture warring or a simple arrogance that she's better than all those other lazy, stupid teachers, parents and pupils, but I'm pretty sure where I think it stems from.
By Tubby Isaacs
I hadn't noticed the reference to gardening there.

I'd have thought her base regarded that as a good thing to do at school. Outdoors, practical, ties in with stuff they do in biology (or as they call it at her school, combined science) etc. She's suggesting that's now stopped for kids who can't read very well?
By Yug
I don't think she's suggesting anything of the sort. She's just making shit up which she thinks will appeal to her fans and earn her the praise she so obviously craves.

She's coming across to me as a vain and stupid person who has been elevated way beyond her capabilities. I predict that when her supporters in government are sitting on the Opposition benches (those who managed to retain their seats) she will rapidly fade into the background noise, and eventually disappear from the public stage altogether.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]