:sunglasses: 35.3 % :pray: 23.5 % :laughing: 29.4 % :🤗 11.8 %
By Tubby Isaacs
kreuzberger wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:46 pm How many 30 million quid losses can Wurzel Wetherspoon rack up before this becomes A Thing?
I'm quite literally a failed trainee accountant, but I thought this was interesting.

https://markets.ft.com/data/equities/te ... ?s=JDW:LSE

Your interpretation is as good as mine.
By satnav
Some Tory was banging on earlier about the fact that we are about to sign a trade deal with India that will help to cut the cost of food in this country. Other than rice and a few spices what food stuffs do we actually import from India. And on an ethical level should we really be importing cheap food from a country where millions of people are starving?
By Youngian
The festival has succeeded in conveying the spirit of Brexit
But four years on – and after two re-brandings – the public spending watchdog is to investigate what became known as Unboxed: Creativity in the UK, amid concern that visitor numbers have been less than 1% of early targets.

The National Audit Office (NAO) will examine how the £120m project was managed. About 240,000 visitors are reported to have visited events, in contrast to an early target of 66 million.

The Commons digital, culture, media and sport committee called for the investigation last month after previously finding the festival to be an “irresponsible use of public money” and criticising its planning as a “recipe for failure”.

“That such an exorbitant amount of public cash has been spent on a so-called celebration of creativity that has barely failed to register in the public consciousness raises serious red flags about how the project has been managed from conception through to delivery,” said the Conservative MP Julian Knight, who is chairman of the cross-party committee.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -of-brexit
By Andy McDandy
It's all about the skim. If you're "awarded" a grant (and believe me, I know enough about arts grant applications to know how to game the system) of, say, £200,000 to put on an event, it doesn't matter if you get one attendee or a million. You're still getting your cut of the grant. In fact, a flop may well be better than a massive success because funnily enough, people are less concerned about 200 grand pissed up a wall than about where the profits from a massive success went, and for more info watch The Producers.
Abernathy, kreuzberger, Oboogie and 1 others liked this
By Youngian
Arr Boys join the European army
EU ambassadors on Wednesday (19 October) unanimously approved the UK’s application to join the EU’s project on military mobility, which aims at improving the rapidity of troops and equipment movement across Europe, should the need arise.

With Wednesday’s green light from the EU’s Political and Security Committee (PSC), a draft text will be submitted Council experts (Relex) to be ratified by EU ambassadors. https://www.euractiv.com/section/defenc ... ty-scheme/
By Youngian
That’ll be the Monetarist experiments the Thatcher government abandoned in favour of Lolly Lawson’s spend, spend, spend on tax cuts and property inflation. No doubt the moaning Minnie economists suggested that wasn’t the best use of the North Sea windfall. That’s all Kwarteng really is; Nigel Lawson without Petrodollars, privatisation receipts, a booming world economy or even a strategic growth plan like Single Market integration.
By Dalem Lake
Someone clearly couldn't be bothered to wait the 50 years Mogg said when the benefits of Brexit would bear fruit.
Cheesemaker sells firm to overcome Brexit barriers after losing £600,000 in sales

And when the government offered advice he thew it back in their face. That's gratitude for you.
Government departments advised him to seek out new business in “emerging markets”, counsel he said was risible given the huge market on Britain’s doorstep.
By Yug
Well, the "Project Fear" chickens are coming home to roost.

Hundreds of voluntary organisations have been forced to shut up shop or scale back their operations because of government delays in replacing EU funding, the Guardian has learned, as the consequences of Brexit continue to ripple out across the UK.

Three years after Boris Johnson was swept to power promising to “get Brexit done”, a Guardian reporting project finds employers, farmers and charities are still wrestling with the reality of life outside the EU.

A new analysis of government funding intended to replace EU support, shows multimillion-pound gaps in funding for farming and economic development...

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ing-delays
I take no pleasure in telling keen Brexshitters "We told you so". It would have been nice to have been proved wrong, if only for the sake of the country.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]