:sunglasses: 35.3 % :pray: 23.5 % :laughing: 29.4 % :🤗 11.8 %
By Youngian
If they expressed views you agree with, would you want another wave of ubiquitous pundits who aren’t as clever as they think they are? This woman’s confrontation with Rees-Mogg was poor. Light on gotcha evidence so got personal with the master of passive-aggressive schtick. Marina may well find some converts with her style but don’t bank on it.
By satnav
I'm loving this headline from Mail on-line.

The passport rules Brits NEED to know before travelling this summer - including the pernickety new post-Brexit EU requirements that are already catching travellers out

Pernickety? Brits are merely being subjected to the same rules as other non-EU citizens when entering an EU country.
Spoonman liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
The abrasive belt on Mrs A's bench sander broke. It's an Axminster*, so I went on their website, where they proudly proclaim they ship to Europe. Used to be dead cheap.

New belts - €29
Postage - €31

Fuck that...

*so I have to order their belts.
By Yug
Leaving the EU and giving up EU citizenship status would mean giving up the rights enjoyed by EU citizens. Who knew?

UK nationals cannot automatically retain rights as EU citizens after Brexit, the EU’s top court confirmed on Thursday (15 June).

The appeal was brought by British citizens living in the UK and in a handful of EU member states, challenging the Brexit withdrawal agreement on the grounds that it had deprived them of rights that they had exercised and acquired as EU citizens. ..

https://www.euractiv.com/section/eu-uk- ... -confirms/
By Youngian
Not an expert on these measures but have this funny feeling ‘unlocking’ pension funds is not a good idea.
Finance sector tells UK regulators to use new post-Brexit remit

After Britain's departure from the European Union, the government has come under pressure to maintain London's position as a globally competitive financial centre by reforming financial rules inherited from the bloc.

Many of the changes will be introduced under the new Financial Services and Markets law, which received royal assent on Thursday, giving regulators powers to amend rules.

Carnegie-Brown, who is also chair of TheCityUK's leadership council, said financial reforms underway will have to drive a change in mindset towards more bold and confident moves.

Carnegie-Brown said regulators need to make sure that their actions are proportionate to the size of firms being regulated. He cited cash in pension funds which needed unlocking to invest in the economy as another example of aiding growth.
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/financ ... 023-06-29/
By Youngian
Bulgarians are probably the only EU workers left who won’t be taking a hit working in the UK outside London and South East.
I’ve noticed the complexion of farm workers are looking less like Farage’s and more like the people on his Breaking Point posters. You can bet Kippers like Eustice have to.
By davidjay
Youngian wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:27 pm Bulgarians are probably the only EU workers left who won’t be taking a hit working in the UK outside London and South East.
I’ve noticed the complexion of farm workers are looking less like Farage’s and more like the people on his Breaking Point posters. You can bet Kippers like Eustice have to.
An acquaintance of mine who works at gateway to East Anglia airports such as East Midlands and Stanstead tells me that flights from Poland have dropped and from Romania have increased post-lockdown.
By Youngian
East Europeans have a ‘keep up with the Jones’ firework display tradition on New Year’s Eve. Bulgarians and Baltics go off at 10pm and Central Europeans at 11pm. This year there was silence for the first time at 11pm as Central Europeans have packed their bags. I haven’t read or heard a Tory in this region bring up the subject of free movement this decade. And most certainly not the rising immigration figures. I am so much enjoying showing the stats to Brexiters which is met with stoney silence.
By Yug
Operation Brock is set to return to the M20 this week – bringing back speed restrictions over the summer holiday.

Motorists are currently able to use all three lanes and drive at 70mph on part of the motorway after more than 18 months of roadworks – but that freedom will only last until Friday, when the dreaded contraflow system will be reintroduced...

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/ ... ly-289768/
Vote for shit, get shit.
By Youngian
Andrew Neil and others have desperately been number crunching the CPTPP advantages having forgot the last five years telling Remoaner Brexit wasn’t about economics but other things such as sovereignty. From the parliamentary select committee report on CPTPP membership.
Attachments
IMG_4196.jpeg
IMG_4196.jpeg (255.54 KiB) Viewed 3557 times
Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
Cry me a fucking river

The Kirkella used to bring in 10% of the cod and haddock sold in chip shops. But the post-EU settlement means its quotas have been slashed. Can it survive?

Among the Kirkella’s majority Brexit-voting crew, the feeling is one of betrayal. First mate Jackson’s sons have followed him into the company, where one works onboard as a chef and another as a deckhand. His own father worked there too.

“I voted Brexit, all of us did,” he says. “Because of what we were led to believe, not just for the fishing industry, but on other things as well. For any young guy just starting, like my two lads, it’s a worry. And that’s all down to Brexit and losing our quota.” https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... exit-hopes
Oboogie, Dalem Lake liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]