:sunglasses: 33.3 % :pray: 11.1 % :laughing: 22.2 % 🧥 5.6 % :cry: 16.7 % :🤗 5.6 % :poo: 5.6 %
By RedSparrows
Cyclist wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:04 am
Danielle Thornton was in the school pick-up line waiting for her children when she learned she would face a life-changing choice: get the Covid-19 vaccine or lose her job of almost nine years at the bank Citigroup.

She and her husband had watched for months as bosses across the US introduced vaccine mandates, knowing the family might face this moment. Then, in the form of an email on her phone, it arrived.

"We had many, many conversations about it," she says. "But ultimately we decided that our freedom was more important than a pay cheque."

Danielle is one of thousands of people across America opting to lose their job rather than get the Covid-19 jabs.

They represent a small minority. Most employers that have introduced such rules - about a third of the country's biggest companies and 15% of small businesses - say the vast majority of their staff have complied...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60001143
FWEEEDUMM!!!11!!1! is more important than the ability to feed your children!??!!!? :?

And Americans don't like foreigners calling them ignorant stupid twats. :roll:
It's amazing that their inability to correlate money with freedom applies even to themselves.
By Abernathy
After successfully dodging the coronavirus for th3 past two years, Thr Covid-19 phne app has now told me that I have been i “near someone who tested positive for coronavirus”. Apparently yesterday. We were art a concert by Fascinating Aida last night. I feel fine, but it’s a bit feckin vague, isn’ it? I think I’m meant to take an LTF test, so I’m away to do that now.
Last edited by Abernathy on Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Boiler
I didn't realise the first symptom was typos, Abers.... :lol:

<ducks, runs for cover>

Piss-taking apart, my colleague felt absolutely fine but two LFTs proved he has it. A few hours later he says he's starting to feel a bit crap.

As that's two people I've been near now, I'll be testing every day for the next few days.

Hope you'll be okay, Abers - and well done for keeping the app on your phone when so many have binned it.
By Oboogie
I dropped into both Lidl and ASDA early (7-8am) this morning and was startled at the number of masks being worn. I estimate 70% in Lidl and 60% (plus all staff) in ASDA, this is more than I've seen for weeks. I can't decide if it's because the early morning demographic is different to what I'm used to or if it indicates a general trend. Local news has been full of the soaring infection rates in North Somerset, so I'm hoping people are getting the message that the virus doesn't care what Boris Johnson says.

Hope Abers dodges the bullet.
Boiler, Samanfur liked this
By Boiler
Oboogie wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:48 pm Local news has been full of the soaring infection rates in North Somerset, so I'm hoping people are getting the message that the virus doesn't care what Boris Johnson says.
It's got crazy round here too. Waitrose at about 30% tonight.

However... reading the comments on the BBC SYB on the huge increase in the last week, I can only think one thing:

Repeated test when I got in and okay.
By davidjay
Oboogie wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:48 pm I dropped into both Lidl and ASDA early (7-8am) this morning and was startled at the number of masks being worn. I estimate 70% in Lidl and 60% (plus all staff) in ASDA, this is more than I've seen for weeks. I can't decide if it's because the early morning demographic is different to what I'm used to or if it indicates a general trend. Local news has been full of the soaring infection rates in North Somerset, so I'm hoping people are getting the message that the virus doesn't care what Boris Johnson says.

Hope Abers dodges the bullet.
There definitely seems to be a different time demographic in supermarkets - more worn in off-peak hours. Maybe that's because those of us who are still a bit wary are choosing to shop when it's less crowded.
By RandomElement
soulboy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:30 am Forget clapping for our keyworkers. This is a beautiful, Heartfelt tribute to the Great pandemic of, checks calendar, March 2019.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rrors.html
I think the educators on this site would be giving a big red 'See me' even for a Year 4 student.
By Yug
Read the article with the song playing in the background

A New Zealand high court judge has ruled in favour of health authorities who sought guardianship of a baby boy after his parents refused to consent to a transfusion of “vaccinated blood” in a life-saving operation.

The landmark decision, delivered on Thursday, is expected to have wide-ranging ramifications and has become a focus of protests for anti-vaxxers who held demonstrations outside the courtroom.

The six-month-old known as Baby W will not survive without urgent surgery for a congenital heart defect. His parents said they were unwilling to proceed unless they were given a guarantee he would only receive blood from unvaccinated donors...

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... ransfusion
By MisterMuncher
There's something of a cause celebre amongst the antivax types about a baby who received a blood transfusion then "turned grey and died" from a clot that went "from their one to their heart". Gillian McKeith was wanking on about it last week, with her usual display of scientific acumen, demanding unvaccinated blood be labeled as such for transfusion, and claiming unvaccinated sperm was "the new crypto".
By Bones McCoy
MisterMuncher wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:59 pm There's something of a cause celebre amongst the antivax types about a baby who received a blood transfusion then "turned grey and died" from a clot that went "from their one to their heart". Gillian McKeith was wanking on about it last week, with her usual display of scientific acumen, demanding unvaccinated blood be labeled as such for transfusion, and claiming unvaccinated sperm was "the new crypto".
There's been a lot of tweeters publicising a film called "Died Suddenly".

I'd never heard of it, so did a bit of a google.
It details various cases where somebody got vaccinated and then "died suddenly".
I lack the resources to check its claims first hand.

Other tweeters are doing Elon's fact checking for him.
Plenty of posts telling us
"This kid depicted collapsing at his high school basketball game, happened in 2016".
"My son collapsed at Disneyland, received treatment and is now attending middle-school".

I'm getting the impression the film has all the factual basis of those infamous Jack Chick cartoons.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]