By davidjay
Bones McCoy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:27 pm
Cyclist wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:53 pm Whatever relevance he may have had in the past is all gone. He's just that drunk tramp shouting at a lamp post, isn't he.
You can take the grifter out of Glasgow ...
... but you'll never stop his allegiance to Moscow.
By Spoonman
There was a time at least back in the 00's when wherever I agreed with him or not, Galloway at least came across as a competent orator which if nothing else I kind of respect him for (his appearance at Capitol Hill being the most notable), and I might have been able to overlook his Celeb BB antics on the basis that it was just part of an entertainment show - but not long after that he's descended gradually down the gutter, firstly by using what reputation he had left alongside inflaming certain sectarian tensions where he stood in elections but once that well dried up he's become little more than the left hand side of the lunatic fringe and little more than a joke for the last few years. Seeing him throwing his toys out of his pram by being labelled as "Russian state affiliated media" by threatening to sue when he's a presenter of a show on a TV station directly funded by the Russian state is predictable but none the less a good chuckle to see - par for course for Galloway these days, though.

He's best described by of all people Frankie Boyle years ago on Mock The Week - on the "Scenes We'd Like To See" round the topic was "Things George Galloway would never say" - Frankie went straight in with "No Comment!" :lol:
Arrowhead liked this
By Spoonman
Former British MP plans to sue Twitter in Dublin over Russian label

George Galloway’s lawyers tell social media firm they intend to take case in High Court

Lawyers for former British MP George Galloway have told Twitter that he intends to sue the firm in the High Court in Dublin over his account being labelled “Russian state-affiliated media”.

KRW Law, the Belfast law practice that is representing Mr Galloway, wrote to Twitter’s European head office in Dublin on Tuesday telling the social media company that they intend to issue High Court proceedings over the label attached to his Twitter account.

The former MP’s radio programme The Mother of All Talk Shows has been broadcast on Russian state-owned Radio Sputnik service and can also be viewed online on YouTube.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... -1.4862706

I've my doubts this will get very far.
By Abernathy
We have a City Council by- election in Birmingham, in the Balsall Heath and Sparkbrook ward, formerly represented by the late (Labour)Councillor Mohammed Azim. The ward is overwhelmingly muslim. As expected, Galloway has ignored the period of mourning for the Queen being observed by the main parties and has already been out campaigning, and no doubt spreading his usual lies.

We should comfortably hold the seat, but there is really no room for any sort of complacency. Watch this space.
The Weeping Angel liked this
By Crabcakes
Abernathy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:07 pm We have a City Council by- election in Birmingham, in the Balsall Heath and Sparkbrook ward, formerly represented by the late (Labour)Councillor Mohammed Azim. The ward is overwhelmingly muslim. As expected, Galloway has ignored the period of mourning for the Queen being observed by the main parties and has already been out campaigning, and no doubt spreading his usual lies.

We should comfortably hold the seat, but there is really no room for any sort of complacency. Watch this space.
There’s a Two Ronnies sketch set in a German POW camp in WW2, where Barker is playing an allied commander saying how escapes have to be planned meticulously and down to the letter. Then a German officer opens the cell door and Barker clumsily sprints towards it and tries to force his way out to do a runner.

That’s basically Galloway’s approach to being elected - claim to be all about certain things, but then go for literally any seat, any job, absolutely anywhere.
The Weeping Angel liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]