:pray: 100 %
By kreuzberger
Just so I have got this straight.

The parliament in the England wants to make this resident of Germany register with them (and their divergence from GDPR) to use a website in the United States.

I am transparent on Twitter anyway but, seriously, c'mon lads, you're embarrassing yourselves.
By kreuzberger
Dowden has been making world-class noises about the all-conquering UK diverging from the hated Stasi-GDPR so that every free born Englishman has the right so something which will no doubt be set out in a paper (green or white) lain before the mother of all parliaments.

TLDR; it's a data grab and he's a twat.

Wired, remember them? - recently ran a decent OpEd.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/uk-chan ... u-adequacy
By Cyclist
EU GDPR, which was an integral part of the UK Data Protection Act 2018, was excised from UK law on 1 January 2020.

Most people are blissfully unaware they no longer have this legal protection. Odd how the Self-Servatives didn't trumpet this particular Brexit triumph, ain't it? A cynic might think they were up to no good.
Oboogie liked this
By MisterMuncher
Cyclist wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:41 pm EU GDPR, which was an integral part of the UK Data Protection Act 2018, was excised from UK law on 1 January 2020.

Most people are blissfully unaware they no longer have this legal protection. Odd how the Self-Servatives didn't trumpet this particular Brexit triumph, ain't it? A cynic might think they were up to no good.

The weird thing is a hell of a lot of the internet still expects UK IPs require the GDPR tick boxes and such. Is it data saved by nerd inertia?
By Yug
Broadening the remit of this thread to cover online stuff in general.

This is exactly what I was saying about the proposed closure of railway booking offices

The government is allowing “millions of citizens to fall behind” due to digital exclusion, a House of Lords committee has warned.

As services move online at an “unprecedented” rate, the report by the Lords communications and digital committee found significant numbers lacked the means and skills needed to get online.

The cost of living crisis has exacerbated affordability issues, with up to 1 million people cutting off their broadband due to their finances, while half of people over 75 lacked basic digital skills...

https://amp.theguardian.com/inequality/ ... -exclusion
This mad rush to get everything online is for one reason only - to cut costs by cutting staff numbers. Screw the people who need these services but have no access to the internet, just look at the extra money we've saved.

Another example of the Tory government failing in its responsibilities to the British people.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]