:sunglasses: 100 %
By Abernathy
Starting to get quite excited about the various local and mayoral elections coming on 2 May.

I just have a hunch that the Tories are going to get absolutely slaughtered on a scale that not even they are able to anticipate. Almost to the extent that Sunak should feel that he may as well quit now.
By Crabcakes
Abernathy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:14 pm Starting to get quite excited about the various local and mayoral elections coming on 2 May.

I just have a hunch that the Tories are going to get absolutely slaughtered on a scale that not even they are able to anticipate. Almost to the extent that Sunak should feel that he may as well quit now.
I’m willing to bet that Labour (or the Lib Dems or Greens) could take a massive swathe of council seats/swing councils from the Tories, but the headlines in some rags will absolutely be “Reform win [x]”, even if that is 1 seat in Bastard-on-Sea, Essex. :roll:
Last edited by Crabcakes on Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tubby Isaacs
Reform should come 2nd in the Blackpool South by-election, and they''ll doubtless get a bit of attention from that. But they're mostly passing on the local elections. Even if the seats they're contesting are well-chosen (ie in Essex and Lincolnshire) the indicative national vote share is going to be pathetic.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Crabcakes wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:18 pm
Abernathy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:14 pm Starting to get quite excited about the various local and mayoral elections coming on 2 May.

I’m willing to be that Labour (or the Lib Dems or Greens) could take a massive swathe of council seats/swing councils from the Tories, but the headlines in some rags will absolutely be “Reform win [x]”, even if that is 1 seat in Bastard-on-Sea, Essex. :roll:
Absolutely inevitable.
Oboogie liked this
By Andy McDandy
I suspect Reform's appeal to the right is based on them sounding more to the right than the Tories, and them not having the opportunity to fuck anything up yet.

If they were to get a grab at power, their tendency to be a fan club behind one or two big personalities (for want of a better word) would mean an absolute dearth of ability. Then again, all they're hoping for is a Trump win and the exalted position of first in line to get fucked by him.
By Abernathy
Oboogie wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:29 pm
Abernathy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:58 pm Well, this is interesting.
Calling a GE four days before the locals would indeed be interesting.
Yes. Hard to see what the logic of that would be. Perhaps Sunak has finally realised that the GE defeat is all but unshiftably nailed on, and may even be thinking of using a backs-to-the-wall GE as a kind of motivator to dwindling numbers of Tory voters to try to mitigate the scale of the coming defeats in the local, mayoral, and general electoral contests. Rishi biting the bullet, if you will.
By Bones McCoy
Hanging on as long as possible only made sense if a Labour collapse is expected.
This isn't happening yet, and Labour's lead over the Conservatives is very gradually increasing.

There may be a more pressing reason to go early.
That's Reform who are closing on the Conservatives in the race for second place.

For the Conservatives to be the 120 seat official opposition, but with fewer votes than Reform leaves them a laughing stock.
davidjay liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]