:sunglasses: 100 %
By Bones McCoy
Oboogie wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:57 pm
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:37 am * Queen statue, but Labour won't let us.
I hadn't heard about this so I Googled it, from my results, it appears to be Prue Leith, rather than Labour, who doesn't like it. https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesig ... een-statue
She's quite right n this case.
Putting Missus Qwin on the 4th plinth would be an inferior position to Horace up the pole, 4 lions, the Jutland Admirals on the back wall and the punters on plinths 1 - 3.

If the twittering tories were serious about a royal memorial they would find a location in one of the royal parks or outside one of the palaces.
But they're not serious, it's just another slab of peat for the culture war bonfire.
Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
Truss has blown so many seats what have these rebels to lose? It’ll take over 30 to defeat the government but that’s unlikely unless the ERG are on a ‘bring back Boris’ flight of fancy.
Conservative MPs are in talks with Labour about how to overturn Liz Truss’s budget after a senior Tory MP warned that losing the next election was all but inevitable.

Opponents of the prime minister’s sweeping tax cuts believe that she does not have a majority in the Commons for her package and are working across party lines in an attempt to ensure it is forced to a vote.

Conservative rebels are especially determined to reverse Truss’s plan to abolish the 45p top rate of tax, leading some of them to initiate talks with Labour, which opposes that cut. “It is not all usual suspects,” one figure involved in the talks said. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/weve ... -5c8j520c2
By mattomac
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:37 am It's certainly been a "Lucky General" week for Mr Starmer.

The stars have aligned in the Tories committing a massive self harm, and him delivering an extremely statesmanlike speech at conference.

Meanwhile the Tories have only got:
* A Labour dissed a black man (Will that even engage with their membership?)
* Queen statue, but Labour won't let us.
* A gibbering berk on Question Time. "It'll all settle down in a few weeks". Even Fiona Bruce's finest bodyguard act couldn't redeem him.
Craziest thing is this should be when the polls are churning but they should be going in the other direction.

It’s hard to win economic competency back even when the economy recovers and I don’t think they have the time for that. I do wonder if in the back of her mind what with the tax cuts and how they pushed it and are now pushing it that she was going call a GE.

Won’t do it now unless her party bounces her in to one, it’s the one unanswered question, one I assume is no but would her government fall if it can’t push her budget through.
By Youngian
mattomac wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:08 pm Craziest thing is this should be when the polls are churning but they should be going in the other direction.

Even if the public are just treating the government as being mid term you’d expect Labour slightly ahead and over 25% in protest votes for various minor parties. This polling is unprecedented, its like a soap villain popular with the other characters, getting found out in the Queen Vic
mattomac liked this
By MisterMuncher
Youngian wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:57 am Truss has blown so many seats what have these rebels to lose? It’ll take over 30 to defeat the government but that’s unlikely unless the ERG are on a ‘bring back Boris’ flight of fancy.
I had noted earlier this week that all those crying sore at the "betrayal" of Johnson were extremely conspicuous by their absence, almost no one calling for Eton's Mr Blobby to come back and save us all! from Truss and ourselves.

Is it them, or Boris who have looked at the present situation and said "Nah, you're grand, thanks"?
By Bones McCoy
MisterMuncher wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:30 am
Youngian wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:57 am Truss has blown so many seats what have these rebels to lose? It’ll take over 30 to defeat the government but that’s unlikely unless the ERG are on a ‘bring back Boris’ flight of fancy.
I had noted earlier this week that all those crying sore at the "betrayal" of Johnson were extremely conspicuous by their absence, almost no one calling for Eton's Mr Blobby to come back and save us all! from Truss and ourselves.

Is it them, or Boris who have looked at the present situation and said "Nah, you're grand, thanks"?
Any king over the water needs to be onboard to maintain a mass following.
Otherwise it quickly degenrates into a small cult of moonhowlers with a website.

I can't imagine bonny prince Boris relishing another go right now.
"It's like my country, but it's on fire".
By MisterMuncher
You can still expect many, melty editorials by serious-faced white men in the Torygraph and Times "warning" Labour they need to show moderation least they lose these voters again.

Bonus points for cautioning Labour on being too "woke" or whatever bollocksology they're calling it this week.
Arrowhead liked this
By mattomac
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:20 pm It's long been a weakness of Britain Predicts' model that you had stuff like John Redwood inching home in Wokingham while 25% wasted their votes on Labour, so I'm pleased to see the new model.

Looks a bit optimistic. Labour gaining SE Cornwall, really?
They ironically won a council seat up that way a few years back but then lost it. It really depends on the Plymouth commute, speaking of which I see Mercer has gone full on I’m not at fault in his latest FB post.

Cornwall was the only place that appeared like Monemtum went out and delivered leaflets mind you that might have been a one off as they sweeped one of the CLPs only to put in several resignations over the next year.

The people I knew back in the Miliband and Brown days seem to have the positions again. I don’t think Labour would put resources into the South East Cornwall when they have a very real target in Truro and Falmouth and the Plymouth seats.
Tubby Isaacs, Arrowhead liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]