:pray: 33.3 % :cry: 66.7 %
By Andy McDandy
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ce-officer

Marina Hyde seething with rage over "Bastard Dave", and rightly so.

Kind of shows up LIttlejohn's bollocks this morning (about how Plod would love to kick some hairies' heads in but are held back by their Common Purpose bosses) for what it is.
By Yug
We got a peedo 'ere. Let's stick 'im in a job where 'e 'as ter work wiv kiddies

A serving Met Police officer who was posted in a school in north London has pleaded guilty to child sex offences.

PC Hussain Chehab, 22, admitted four counts of sexual activity with a girl aged 13-15, three counts of making indecent photographs of a child, and sexual communication with a child.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64396513
The Met said the PC joined the force in March 2020 and was attached to the North Area Command Unit, serving as a Safer Schools officer in a secondary school in Enfield between May and August 2021.
I'm hoping there are thousands of decent officers who are every bit as sick of this as I am. I say hoping because it really is starting to look like All Coppers Are Bastards.
By Andy McDandy
In the US, fearing outbreaks of civil disorder after 9/11, the US federal government ploughed huge amounts of money into equipping and training rural and suburban police with kit and tactics more suited to urban SWAT teams, if applicable to police at all.

Simultaneously, recruitment was increased, but minimum acceptable standards were loosened or ignored. Hint - this also happened in the US army during the Vietnam war, and there's a direct link from lowering recruitment standards to the plot of many an Oliver Stone film. The result was that police forces got filled with bullies, power-trippers, gun nuts, bigots, opportunists and, I'm sure, some decent people. All taking to heart the following bit of lore from The Wire:
A patrolling officer on his beat is the one true dictatorship in America. We can lock a guy up on a humble, lock him up for real, or we can say, fuck it, pull under the expressway and drink ourselves to death, and our side partners will cover it. So no one, and I mean no one, tells us how to waste our shift.
Take out the guns, and you've got plod over here.
By Yug
Possibly because the MOD is powering ahead with it's programme of "woke" training, and dragging itself into the Twenty-first Century by taking Diversity & inclusion seriously. Anyone who has spent time being indoctrinated with this "woke bollocks" is less likely to turn out to be a total cunt than some random bloke from down the pub for whom racism, sexism etc aren't seen as problems.

It's all to do with respect for others, which seems sadly lacking in society at the moment.

So yes. Attitude and discipline.
By Andy McDandy
A few years ago I found myself talking to a senior member of the Manchester Met (quite innocently - it was a work thing) and they explained why the "wokeness training" and inclusive recruitment were so important - you could teach or train someone in crowd control, interrogation techniques, driving fast, finding clues, moodily swigging from a bottle of Scotch, getting shot two days from retirement and all the rest of it, but you can't fix people's basic attitudes easily. If you send the racist cop on diversity training, all you'll get is a 2 day break from their shit, before they come back full of resentment. Get people with the right attitude and you can teach them the practical skills.

From people I know in the forces, it seems to be 50/50 - either as chill as hell, or utter wankers. And usually there's a correlation to the amount of time spent at the sharp end of things.

Coolest - ex-army intelligence, one of the authors of the 4 P's anti-extremism strategy. Lovely chap.

Biggest wankers - TA braggarts, RAF regiment guy (glorified security guard), National Service relic who waxed lyrical about giving the Mau-Mau a kicking when he'd never been further south than Kettering, let alone Kenya.
By MisterMuncher
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:39 pm To join the Met now an applicant has to have been in HM Forces.

Why? Military discipline? Attitude?
Because the one size fits all Tory solution to any public service problem is to send in the army?
Last edited by MisterMuncher on Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidjay liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Quite.

On the TA, a friend once described them to me as 'a themed drinking club'. Witty, but looking at some of the twats we have floating around now, François, Cleverly et al, the gobshite Walt aspect is pretty strong, too.

One of the things that gets me on Twitter is the number of utter fuckwits who proudly proclaim 'ex-forces' in their bio, as though that gives them some extra credibility, or that we should take their views (pah) extra-seriously.

In fact all the ex-forces that I know as decent people tend to play down their time in uniform...
davidjay liked this
By Spoonman
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:51 am In the US, fearing outbreaks of civil disorder after 9/11, the US federal government ploughed huge amounts of money into equipping and training rural and suburban police with kit and tactics more suited to urban SWAT teams, if applicable to police at all.

Simultaneously, recruitment was increased, but minimum acceptable standards were loosened or ignored. Hint - this also happened in the US army during the Vietnam war, and there's a direct link from lowering recruitment standards to the plot of many an Oliver Stone film. The result was that police forces got filled with bullies, power-trippers, gun nuts, bigots, opportunists and, I'm sure, some decent people. All taking to heart the following bit of lore from The Wire:
A patrolling officer on his beat is the one true dictatorship in America. We can lock a guy up on a humble, lock him up for real, or we can say, fuck it, pull under the expressway and drink ourselves to death, and our side partners will cover it. So no one, and I mean no one, tells us how to waste our shift.
Take out the guns, and you've got plod over here.
Example from 'murica - a few years ago the police force for the town of Doraville, Georgia (pop: 10,653) showed off in a video posted on the front page of their website the armoured tank they had for SWAT operations. Specifically, this video...

...and just to note, the title of the (distorted) song in the above clip is "Die Motherfucker, Die!"
By Samanfur
A glance at the Facebook page of the Uvalde police force told a similar story.

Lots of photos of them bragging about their new military body armour and how big their weapons are, and posing dramatically against desert sunsets like Rambo.

But as soon as they were confronted with a single 18 year old with a semi-automatic rifle, they were like rabbits in headlights.

And 21 people died.
Spoonman liked this
By MisterMuncher
It also provides a way for the military to offload equipment that's "obsolete" so that they need to replace it and keep the good old Military Industrial Complex running smoothly. There's tiny little towns with MRAP trucks that can't even run on the roads because they're too heavy.
By Yug
A revelation which will shock absolutely no one

The Metropolitan police is broken and rotten, suffering collapsing public trust and is guilty of institutional racism, misogyny and homophobia, an official report has said.

The report by Louise Casey, commissioned by the Met after one of its officers abducted Sarah Everard, taking her from from a London street in March 2021, before raping and murdering her, is one of the most damning of a major British institution .

The 363-page report details disturbing stories of sexual assaults, usually covered up or downplayed, with 12% of women in the Met saying they had been harassed or attacked at work, and one-third experiencing sexism...

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... sey-report
The Conservatives. Tough on crime. Tough on the victims of crime.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]