:pray: 33.3 % :cry: 66.7 %
By Killer Whale
Pretty obvious to me that they decided to sort out the known irritants early so that they could go after anything unexpected that might subsequently happen with full force. They couldn't afford anything at all to happen at a (literally) once in a generation event.

Completely misjudged, of course, but the Met can't reallty be relied on to act with considered subtlety, can they?
By Watchman
Just thinking of all this malarkey about the “protesters” at the coronation and who did and who didn’t have “potential to commit an unlawful act”
Imagine the jolly japes if Tommy Ten Names was pulled for standing next to an EDL march
By Yug
Watchman wrote:Imagine the jolly japes if Tommy Ten Names was pulled for standing next to an EDL march
It would never happen. From what I'm learning about the Met, the officers would be too busy waving placards saying "Sport are troops" and chanting "Allah was a peedo" to have the time to arrest anybody.
By Yug
It's not getting any better

‘It was utterly surreal’: police accused of farcical error after 14 arrested at seminar on day of coronation

Primary teacher and ex-civil servant were among those attending class. Here they recount what happened

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... coronation
...In reality, they had gathered in a small nondescript room in a rented work space in east London for a seven-hour seminar about the theory, history and practice of non-violent protest after expressing an interest in the social activist group Animal Rising, largely via its website.

“I was there to actually avoid the coronation,” said Tony Jenkins, 58, the only male attender, who runs South Norwood Animal Rescue and Liberty. His last involvement with the police was when working alongside officers in Operation Takahe as they sought to track down the so-called Croydon cat killer...
I think Plod has some explaining to do.
By Yug
To the surprise of absolutely no one...

The Met has admitted it misreported the number of intimate searches that were carried out on children.

In 2021, the Met Police carried out 269 "More Thorough Searches that expose Intimate Parts" on children. It previously reported the number as 99.

Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley said last month the Met had "misused" the power.

"Each search means another child traumatised by an interaction with the Met," Caroline Russell, Green London Assembly Member, said.

She called for more transparency over the number of searches, where they are being carried out, and whether an appropriate adult is present...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-65700511.amp
By Yug
A detective inspector has been fired from the Met Police after allegedly buying drugs and attending parties where they were being openly taken.

DI Warren Arter appeared at a tribunal hearing this week, accused of misconduct carried out while off-duty between 2016 and October 2018.

The panel this week heard evidence he had “attended gatherings where drugs were present and were openly being taken”, and that he had failed to take action or report a man who he knew was providing a woman with drugs in exchange for sex.

He was also accused of buying drugs and offering to provide them to a third party.

DI Arter was on Wednesday found guilty of gross misconduct by the Met panel, and was dismissed from the force without notice...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/m ... 83596.html

Nowhere in the article is there any mention of criminal proceedings. I suppose the poor boy has been punished enough by losing his job and his pension. Don't want to add a criminal record to the list of his woes. :roll:
By Yug
That was clever

An independent commission has reprimanded Thames Valley Police after a witness’ address was released into the public domain.

Today (2 June), the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) states that this information made its way into the hands of suspected criminals.

As a result a witness had to move house, the ICO believes the individual remains at risk.

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/cri ... ss-4167937
Thames Valley Police has since apologised for the error and states it will take on recommendations made by the independent body.
They're sorry. That's ok then.
By Bones McCoy
I was out for some ex-collegues last night and conversation veered in a few interesting directions.

For background, police, just like the NHS, Defence, education ... subcontract a lot of services from 3rd party IT providers.
For much of my time in IT our discussions would focus on what a sideshow the IT company was serving up at taxpayer expense.
From overcharging for polished turds to billing on exaggerated staffing levels; several IT businesses were taking the piss big time.

A couple of my former staff have moved on to firms that provide services for police forces.
Much of the detail went over my head, but there seems to be a lot of the usual timesheet, HR and payroll stuff.
But also digitisation of investigations, and delivering such notes between stations and to courts.

The two companies provided services to four and seven forces respectively.
They've both had enquiries from the Met.
Normally a business would drop everything for the opportunity to sell to the biggest service in the country.
But both these businesses didn't submit a tender.
"Bunch of arseholes, far more trouble than their worth, incompetent, corrupt, dishonest" were among the printable opinions.
By Yug
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The former head of the police watchdog has been charged with raping a girl under 16 and indecent assault.

Michael Lockwood, the former director general of the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC), has been charged with nine sexual offences allegedly committed during the 1980s, the Crown Prosecution Service said.

He faces six counts of indecent assault and three offences of rape against the girl, the CPS added...

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/ex-polic ... t-12903509
By Yug
Man who has done nothing illegal (finally) released without charge.

I posted about this a couple of months ago. It has ended exactly as we all expected it would.

No further action will be taken against a French publisher who was arrested after being stopped at St Pancras station on suspicion of terror offences, the Metropolitan police have said.

The 28-year-old man, who was previously named by his employer as Ernest Moret, was stopped by border officers as he arrived at the north London station at about 7.30pm on 17 April.

The man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of wilfully obstructing a Schedule 7 examination (contrary to section 18 of the Terrorism Act 2000). This related to the man not disclosing the pin to his phone when asked to by officers, the force said.

The man was bailed, and later released under investigation.

Moret, who works at Éditions la Fabrique, was on his way to the London Book Fair, which takes place in Olympia over three days from 18-20 April, when officers tried to “determine whether he was engaged in terrorist acts or in possession of material for use in terrorism”, the firm said in April...

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... her-action
Officers said he had taken part in demonstrations in France over Emmanuel Macron, the French president, raising the retirement age from 62 to 64, according to a joint statement from Verso Books.

The statement called the actions “outrageous and unjustifiable infringements of basic principles of the freedom of expression and an example of the abuse of anti-terrorism laws”.

Last month, a file was submitted to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) in relation to the alleged section 18 offence, but the CPS later advised that the evidential test has not been met.
Taking part in a demonstration in France is not illegal in the UK, nor does it make a person a terrorist.

ACAB.
Spoonman liked this
By Watchman
A familiar senior officer’s name crops up in relation to not allowing the investigation to progress

BBC News: Stephen Lawrence: BBC names new suspect in UK's most notorious racist murder

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65989993
By Yug
If true*, this is excellent news

At least 2,000 police officers in England and Wales face losing their jobs under government plans to overhaul the misconduct system, Home Office sources have confirmed.

Ministers will make dismissing failing or disgraced officers easier after police chiefs including the Met commissioner, Sir Mark Rowley, said the present system was “bizarre and over-regulated”.

At present, officers who fail to maintain their vetting status can continue to work, but under the proposals they will face automatic dismissal...

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ing-revamp

*If the Tories actually go through with it. This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
The home secretary, Suella Braverman, and the crime and policing minister, Chris Philp, are said to be working on the overhaul, which the Home Office is expected to announce in the coming weeks.

I hit "Submit" instead of "Preview" :roll:
By Boiler
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66230801
The Met Police is in talks regarding a payout to the family of murdered private detective Daniel Morgan.

Met Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that he could not confirm a figure as he was "legally bound" for the next few days.

He also spoke efforts to transform the Met's culture, saying: "We're removing more officers from the organisation."
By Bones McCoy
Ex-Cleveland police chief barred from serving over gross misconduct

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... misconduct
A former chief constable who made inappropriate sexual remarks to colleagues has been barred indefinitely from serving after being found guilty of gross misconduct.

Mike Veale, 57, is a former chief constable of Cleveland and Wiltshire police forces. At Wiltshire, he oversaw Operation Conifer, the investigation into allegations that the late former prime minister Ted Heath was a child sexual abuser.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]