:cry: 100 %
By Crabcakes
Youngian wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:09 am Unusual for a leader to quit while ahead. Rhodri Morgan was the last one I recall. There will be an international role waiting for Ardern and will look forward to seeing her on the global stage.
Sadly, she isn’t ahead - Labour NZ are slightly behind in polls. Which shows how short people’s memories are - this is a country that was having music festivals and parties when we were all shut in because of Ardern’s fast, decisive action. there may have been stumbles since in vaccine rollout, but you know what they didn’t have? The best part of a year and thousands of lives lost because of dithering and prioritising money over people.

I think history will be *very* kind to Ardern. And deservedly so.
Watchman, lambswool, Oboogie and 1 others liked this
By Spoonman
Ms. Arden certainly was very useful as a barometer at least outside of New Zealand. Mainly in that if you mentioned her name to someone and it triggered them, you're very likely dealing with a complete shithead.
Arrowhead liked this
By Crabcakes
satnav wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:19 pm I notice that all the usual Fuckwits like Hartley-Brewer and Oakeshott have all been gloating about Jacinda resigning they clearly prefer their leaders to be corrupt, dishonest and a tad racist.
You can imagine the seething. Someone ideologically opposed to them who has been broadly successful and popular in their role, having the sheer nerve to leave on their own terms rather than denying them a gloat at a defeat or an ousting.

Ardern will be remembered. The likes of Oakeshott and Brewers-Droop will be lucky to get a footnote.
By Spoonman
Youngian wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:49 pm They sound a more traditional centre right party rather than unhinged lunatics and chancers.
My relatively shallow knowledge of NZ politics would suggest that remark isn't too far wrong about the NZ National party - perhaps down to one argument I've heard in that Murdoch was never allowed to get a foot the door in NZ and poison the local media. In saying that if you wanted to find unhinged lunatics & chances there, ACT NZ is the most likely party to find them in & they made notable gains in this election.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]