:laughing: 66.7 % :cry: 33.3 %
By kreuzberger
This really should be in the "How advertising works" thread.

Nike are also at the centre of a storm of publicity/grumbling in Germany about how they are complicit in destroying a precious strand of deutschness but taking over the national kits from Adidas.

Indeed, there is nothing more German than Adidas whose founder embraced the Nazi party, manufactured uniforms for the panzer divisions, and enjoyed the fruits of slave labour in absolute squalor.

So, anyway. It's all a storm in a cup which neither country is nailed-on to win.
By Bones McCoy
kreuzberger wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:01 am This really should be in the "How advertising works" thread.

Nike are also at the centre of a storm of publicity/grumbling in Germany about how they are complicit in destroying a precious strand of deutschness but taking over the national kits from Adidas.

Indeed, there is nothing more German than Adidas whose founder embraced the Nazi party, manufactured uniforms for the panzer divisions, and enjoyed the fruits of slave labour in absolute squalor.

So, anyway. It's all a storm in a cup which neither country is nailed-on to win.
The story of the Dassler brothers and the Puma / Adidas enmity deserves a feature length docu-drama.

The Wiki entry for Adolf Dassler is worth reading.
A tragic tale of the toxic intersection of business genius, the resulting money, culture-war politics and the real war that resulted.
By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:49 pm The Last Leg did a feature on Lee Anderson pointing out how many times in the last year he has said:
This is exactly the sort of woke, namby-pamby, pearl-clutching, hand-wringing nonsense that I'm talking about
He has used the phrase so often that it has become totally meaningless.
Remember those action men that had a tiny record player in their chests.
You pulled a cord and they uttered one of a selection of crackly lo-fi phrases.
After a bit, the selector mechanism would stick, and they just repeated the same phrase at every outing.

That's 30p Lee, that is.
slilley liked this
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:19 am
Remember those action men that had a tiny record player in their chests.

No. I feel deprived now but he did have eagle eyes.
Yes in 1979.

https://www.actionmanhq.co.uk/figures/t ... /index.php

Sadly absent is "I wondered when you'd spot that deliberate mistake Wilson".
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:00 am Action Man in space, wicked.
AM looks very camp through today’s eyes. Perhaps our dads were right and dolls are for big poofs.
I didn't realise there was a Bobby Moore version.
Would that represent £58 well spent?

https://shop.whufc.com/giftssouvenirs/g ... n-man.html

Apologies for introducing Action Man to the 30p Lee thread ... when there's a far more appropriate Marc Francois thread.
By Youngian
Paints two words which you’ve printed under the picture, Lee. Twat.

Have to drag out an old Charlie Brooker article in which he asks why far right leaflets have no creative design talent (back when the BNP were on a roll). Because creativity needs intelligence, imagination, empathy and a sense of fun towards life.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]