By mattomac
davidjay wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:05 pm It's never just one thing with them - behind the faux-innocuous, it's just a... facade there's always, ALWAYS something very nasty hidden away.

And on that subject, what the actual fuck were CAMRA, or at least the local branch, doing giving this place the time of day? The Good Beer Guide has been mentioning a "collection of old-fashioned soft toys" for the past three years, there's been reports of the landlord's behaviour for longer than that and there's not a pub in the GBG that isn't visited regularly by members so they must have known what he's like.
Nationally CAMRA have jumped on it and wouldn’t have particularly checked this stuff, I would assume that branch is in hot water now.
By davidjay
mattomac wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:22 pm
davidjay wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:05 pm It's never just one thing with them - behind the faux-innocuous, it's just a... facade there's always, ALWAYS something very nasty hidden away.

And on that subject, what the actual fuck were CAMRA, or at least the local branch, doing giving this place the time of day? The Good Beer Guide has been mentioning a "collection of old-fashioned soft toys" for the past three years, there's been reports of the landlord's behaviour for longer than that and there's not a pub in the GBG that isn't visited regularly by members so they must have known what he's like.
Nationally CAMRA have jumped on it and wouldn’t have particularly checked this stuff, I would assume that branch is in hot water now.
I would imagine that they give branches a great deal of autonomy and a comparatively obscure GBG pub wouldn't be well-known at national level. I find it impossible to believe that the local branch committee wouldn't know the place in detail.
https://nation.cymru/news/swansea-local ... ins-shows/

Katie Hopkins is apparently still doing her thing, and appearing at a venue in Swansea that's run by a Covid denying anti-vaxxer who's been hit with multiple fines over recent years.

In response, several local businesses are hosting a "Wokefest", which is rather nice.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]