By Abernathy
Fuck’s sake. I used to respect Chomsky and his work, but he seems to have completely lost it. The only people that give any credibility to Al Jazeera’s “Labour Files” are the rump of Trots, cranks, and anti-semites that Corbyn motivated to join the Labour Party.

Chomsky’s brain is addled.
By MisterMuncher
Youngian wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:31 pm Chomsky’s academic wheelhouse is linguistics but moonlights as a talking head pundit.
I read the Labour Files was shortlisted for an award at a documentary film festival in New York. But you won’t hear about it because the MSM are covering it up, Cobynbots have informed me.
See here https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Nobel_disease

There's a long term issue of acclaimed academics and scientists getting into some whacky shit outside their spheres. Chomsky is a rare left leaning type.
By MisterMuncher
A lot of talking around and beside the idea that things were better when big strong white men with a sprinkling of clerical collars were in charge without ever actually hitting the target. I think the idea is the marks fill in the blanks, and having met a few, that's asking a lot
By RedSparrows
I wouldn't be so sure. I get the impression there's a pretty consistent link for a certain proportion of such morons to move from Peterson and co to, uh, 'stronger' views. It's a general backlash against many things, and the path is laid towards outright thug fash.
By The Weeping Angel
https://www.newstatesman.com/the-weeken ... determines

Fuck me
According to Chomsky, Russia is acting with restraint and moderation. He compares Russia’s way of fighting with the US’s during the 2003 invasion of Iraq, arguing that large-scale destruction of infrastructure seen in that conflict “hasn’t happened in Ukraine”. He adds: “Undoubtedly Russia could do it, presumably with conventional weapons. [Russia] could make Kyiv as unliveable as Baghdad was, could move in to attacking supply lines in western Ukraine.”

When I asked him to clarify whether he was implying that Russia is fighting more humanely in Ukraine than the US did in Iraq, Chomsky replies, “I’m not implying it, it’s obvious.” Delegations of UN inspectors had to be withdrawn once the invasion of Iraq began, he says, “because the attack was so severe and extreme… That’s the US and British style of war.” Chomsky adds: “Take a look at casualties. All I know is the official numbers… the official UN numbers are about 8,000 civilian casualties [in Ukraine]. How many civilian casualties were there when the US and Britain attacked Iraq?”
I'm sure people in Bucha and Mariupol will take comfort in that.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]