:laughing: 50 % :cry: 50 %
By MisterMuncher
Jimi Hendrix died 50 years ago.
Rory Gallagher, 26 years ago.
Muddy Waters, 39 years ago
Stevie Ray Vaughan, 31 years ago

Despite this, they've all had worthwhile records out more recently than Eric.
Malcolm Armsteen, Boiler, Abernathy and 1 others liked this
By Watchman
May I add Peter Green to that list?
I know his passing is fairly recent and he wasn’t over prolific, but he knocked Clapton into a cocked hat, which I tend to think was a reason for Clapton’s bitterness
Youngian liked this
By Bones McCoy
I know one shouldn't generalise on just a name, but I thought the Rural Conservative Movement sounded pretty out there.

A little googling reveals an organisation that regard the countryside alliance as pinko surender centrists.

SS Imagery - classy; No Judaeo- in these folk's Christian.

Love:
* Trump.
* Support the January 6th "demonstrators".
* No deal Brexit.

Hate: (All too woke)
* London's Mayor
* Book awards.
* Football

Interesting selection of writers: https://www.ruralconservatives.org/recommended-writers

And a couple of tweets form the easily frightened founder:
I am so angry tonight at Twitter for permanently banning President Trump and their lame excuses for doing so, that I literally cannot sleep. It's 1.15am and I know that if I do get to sleep, I'll have nightmares about the totalitarian society we're becoming. #TrumpTwitterBan
Update: it's 4.26am and I've not slept a wink. I fear very much for the future now. Society as we know it is being destroyed & replaced by a soulless, dystopian version requiring censorship, repression & an end to Freedom of Speech. Twitter's ban on Trump is literally terrifying.
By Oboogie
Cyclist wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:50 pm It is indeed utterly terrifying to think a private business can arbitrarily decide who can and who can't use their platform to sPEke ThaRe BRanEZ.

Totalitarian dystopia indeed.
Yep, see also anti-maskers who think that restricting their access to supermarkets and other private premises is an infringement of their Human Rights.
By RedSparrows
Cyclist wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:16 pm There are a lot of people who do not understand the difference between public places and places to which the public are admitted.
That's at least 22 steps on from the original problem, which is they're basic idiots.
By kreuzberger
I try to keep close to all things Holocaust, as older Mailwatchers might remember. On a broader level, the Auschwitz Memorial tweets are especially enlightening. I have been there too and suffered the half year of fitful sleep which inevitably follows. Closer to home, four of our neighbours were deported and perished amid the horror and the fear. Scratch the surface of this town and it stinks of systematic murder.

Thing is though, the Roma and Sinti victims do indeed go unremarked. I presume that it is because they lived somewhat tangential to the mainstream. The Jews, to all intents and purposes were just everyday Germans, Dutch, or whatever; meticulous documentation and photographs were recorded at the time.

For the Roma and Sinti, few such records exist or ever existed. This is possibly why the number of eventual victims remains unknown. 100,000 or up to half a million? No one really knows, nor will we ever know.

And this is one more reason why Carr is such an abomination of a human being. Their lives were so cheap back then, and he is dehumanising their collective trauma - and for profit - for cheap laughs to this day. Seriously, he might as well get himself a collection of Jew-skin lamps and scented soaps, and be done with it.
Youngian, zuriblue, Oboogie and 1 others liked this
By Spoonman
Sorry Jimmy, but that's not funny. In fact it marks you down as a cunt that at 49 years old should see you have a bit of cop on either trying to be a deep teen edgelord or resurrecting the ghost of Bernard Manning. Either apologise unreservedly & unambiguously real quick or I can safely say that your TV presenting career is pretty much over (outside of GBeebies).
davidjay liked this
By Youngian
soulboy wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:25 am I'm not sure what else he does these days, that shit end of the year quiz?
Gets more TV gigs than he would if he wasn’t a middle class smarty pants. Jimmy Carr does the end of pier circuit like Roy Chubby Brown and Davidson. Its very lucrative and that’s why the former Shell marketing man spotted and pursued it with vigour.
By Youngian
soulboy wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:25 am I don't imagine Holocaust "jokes" go down well on the 8 Out Of 10 Cats Do Countdown set. I'm not sure what else he does these days, that shit end of the year quiz?
The comrades have spotted a Jez angle and are having a beat down on Rachel Riley for appearing on the show with Carr. ‘Thought you lot were against Holocaust,’ is the tone. If she doesn’t stop working with Carr it will prove Rachel just had it in for Corbyn.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]