:laughing: 50 % :cry: 50 %
By Rosvanian
David Badiel's reaction has been reported on Mail Online and needless to say, most of the moderated comments they've allowed almost unanimously accuse Badiel of snowflakery for taking offence and conclude that he's nothing more than a wicked commie opponent of free speech. All very 2022.
By kreuzberger
I can't bang on about this enough; visiting Auschwitz is the only way to find out just how far you need to grow in order to become a decent person whom you can be proud of.

This lot wouldn't get further than Krakow airport, the cheap beer on the Renek, and tits-out Tuesday in the lads' bars.
Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
By Oboogie
kreuzberger wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:41 pm I can't bang on about this enough; visiting Auschwitz is the only way to find out just how far you need to grow in order to become a decent person whom you can be proud of.
I held up quite well until I saw the room packed full of tiny kids shoes, hundreds of pairs, and I thought about how those were just the ones that happened to still be there the day the Russians turned up.
By Andy McDandy
Baddiel made the good point that had he been in Nazi Europe the SS would not have asked him if he were a practicing Jew. I've also seen comments from Roma/traveller people saying that much of the criticism they get is ostensibly based on lifestyle - "if they just moved out if the caravans" etc. But most of the time it's variations on "hurr, pikeys".

I'm no great fan of David Baddiel. He made his name doing sophomore sneers at anything outside his London/Oxbridge bubble and pretending he liked football. But a fair amount of the criticism aimed at him and Rachel Riley seems to be based on "they were nasty about Saint Jeremy, thus must suffer".
Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
By Youngian
This isn’t a Jimmy Carr joke as has he has no intention of challenging or offending his audience:
Jews feel safe in Middle England, no one shouts ‘send ‘em to the gas chamber’. Until they park their caravans on the rec.
Last edited by Youngian on Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By MisterMuncher
Boiler wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:54 am This seems to have made it to the Mail.

It may come as little surprise that most comments are laying into Baddiel.
I'm sure he could get them back onside by mentioning he was still doing blackface in the nineties.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Youngian wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:45 pm This isn’t a Jimmy Carr joke as has he has no intention of challenging or offending his audience:
Jews feel safe in Middle England, no one shouts ‘send ‘em to the gas chamber’. Until they park their caravans on the rec.
Not sure I understand...
By Crabcakes
Jimmy Carr is, surprise surprise, a bit good and a bit bad. Sometimes he goes too far - this joke being such a time. But his book on general life advice is quite sound, and you won’t find many stand-ups at his level who will make the effort to stand in a foyer after a gig until everyone who wants to say hello has done so.
By Cyclist
What's wrong with a bit of institutional racism? Our government says to try to do something about the culture which allows this sort of thing is "Woke", and therefore bad.

Of the 575 chemistry professors in the UK, just one is black.

In the 15 years Robert Mokaya has been a professor at Nottingham university, he has had all his applications for funding for research projects turned down by Britain's main chemistry funding body, now called the UK Research and Innovation agency.

"That is not typical for a professor," he tells me phlegmatically.

"I have had research papers published which I would have expected would have enabled me to obtain funding to do follow-up research.

"I wonder if this is typical for someone of my sort of surname.

"It has been very, very difficult," he says.

Funding applications are reviewed and decided by fellow experts in the field whose names are not published, but the name of the applicant is known to the reviewers...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60708712
By Cyclist
Forty years ago Not! The Nine O'clock News did a series of sketches about a racist PC called Police Constable Savage. In one of these sketches Savage is being told off by his Inspector for arresting Winston Kadogo for wearing a loud shirt during the hours of darkness.

Life imitates art

Black man stopped by Met Police ‘for wearing coat during warm weather’

A black man was stopped and searched by police officers in London for wearing a coat in hot weather.

Eric Boateng-Taylor, who also goes by Carter Jr, was walking in Croydon on Wednesday on his way to work after a shopping trip when he was stopped by police, who accused him of not dressing appropriately for the climate....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 5.html?amp
Stopped and searched for the offence of wearing a coat while black.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]