:pray: 50 % :poo: 50 %
By Boiler
Youngian wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:55 pm Peterborough hasn’t been so Brexity since farmers confirmed not one loud mouthed racist arsehole has applied for a job in the sector.
Some strong candidates for Labour’s PPC in Peterborough, a welcome first.
Now, if only that was the case in South Holland and the Deepings... :roll: I think it was mentioned that the seat is the fifth safest in the country - and its MP is chairman of the Common Sense Group.

Considering former MPs in Medeshamstede - I give you Stewart Jackson and Fiona Onasanya - I hope it sees a change to Labour again after what is increasingly being suggested as May 2024.

However, my brane is now trying not to have visions of the end of 2024 as seeing Sunak leading a minority goverment and a re-elected Trump, both of which I can see having devastating consequences for the spiritual homeland.

More alcohol is required.
By Youngian
Boiler wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:26 pm
Youngian wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:55 pm Peterborough hasn’t been so Brexity since farmers confirmed not one loud mouthed racist arsehole has applied for a job in the sector.
Some strong candidates for Labour’s PPC in Peterborough, a welcome first.
Now, if only that was the case in South Holland and the Deepings... :roll: I think it was mentioned that the seat is the fifth safest in the country - and its MP is chairman of the Common Sense Group.

Considering former MPs in Medeshamstede - I give you Stewart Jackson and Fiona Onasanya - I hope it sees a change to Labour again after what is increasingly being suggested as May 2024.

However, my brane is now trying not to have visions of the end of 2024 as seeing Sunak leading a minority goverment and a re-elected Trump, both of which I can see having devastating consequences for the spiritual homeland.

More alcohol is required.

I saw a seat projection based on a recent bad poll that would see the Tories returned with 60 seats and the most senior MP to lead it would be err John Hayes. During the unprecedented heat wave last summer someone in Gedney End lit a bonfire and nearly raised the village to the ground. There’s some real brain boxes keeping him in power.

That lunatic Jackson’s predecessor Helen Clark was an embarrassment as well. Blur’s Dave Rowntree applied for the Peterborough seat but didn’t get it, he would have been a solid pair of hands. I hope Peterborough CLP has better judgement now than the pack of swivel eyed loons I canvassed with in 2019.
Clark was involved in an incident in 2008 when video footage of her complaining to bar staff about their refusal to serve her was posted on YouTube. After Clark threatened legal action over the availability of the video, she was charged with public order offences.[11] Clark was found guilty of using threatening words and behaviour. However, the conviction was quashed upon appeal. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_C ... olitician)
By Boiler
Christian Wolmar on the imaginary "war on the motorist"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ir-starmer

It is a measure of Rishi Sunak’s desperation that he has been sucked into the battle over the “war on motorists”. There is, of course, no war on motorists. It is an invention of the Daily Mail and other rightwing newspapers that argue against any restriction on the freedom of motorists to act exactly as they wish. The rightwing press consistently but incoherently rails against speed cameras, parking controls and, most recently, Ulez. But what would ultimate victory in this war mean? Are they seeking the junking of the whole panoply of motoring laws so that drivers can park anywhere, drive as fast as they like, ignore road signs and stop paying the egregious vehicle tax?
mattomac liked this
By davidjay
The whole War on the Motorist scenario is based on the belief that it isn't a proper law if I can (accidentally) break it; eg smoking in the wrong place, H&S and every motoring offence. I am a law-abiding citizen, therefore if I'm told I've broken one it's the law, not me, that's at fault. QED.
By Oboogie
davidjay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:08 pm The whole War on the Motorist scenario is based on the belief that it isn't a proper law if I can (accidentally) break it; eg smoking in the wrong place, H&S and every motoring offence. I am a law-abiding citizen, therefore if I'm told I've broken one it's the law, not me, that's at fault. QED.
I used to hear the phrase "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" regularly. I don't know when I last heard it, but it wasn't recently.
By kreuzberger
The UK is emerging, fully fledged, in to another paradigm. The Law is merely for the poorest, the youngest, the blackest, and the most female.

I have no clear idea how Tim Fenton managed to slip the noose, (digital nomad with a decent wedge possibly?), but the case for remaining must be getting weaker and weaker for anyone who can do likewise. Options are being closed off by the hour.
By davidjay
kreuzberger wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:18 pm The UK is emerging, fully fledged, in to another paradigm. The Law is merely for the poorest, the youngest, the blackest, and the most female.

I have no clear idea how Tim Fenton managed to slip the noose, (digital nomad with a decent wedge possibly?), but the case for remaining must be getting weaker and weaker for anyone who can do likewise. Options are being closed off by the hour.
Give me half a chance and even at my advanced years and in declining health I'd be off. If I was younger and with no ties I'd be gone already; the modern equivalent of the scals who swapped eighties dole life for an entrepreneurial career on Ibiza must be as tempting now as it was then.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]