:pray: 50 % :poo: 50 %
By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:31 pm That sounds like very poor design. Is air quality that bad at night anyway? Why does it apply then when the Congestion Charge doesn't?
It's simply the times that the charging applies - midnight to midnight. It seems to have been an oversight. When Crit'Air appeared in Paris there were numerous changes along the way to the current time but the charging period was more or less office hours - 07:00 to 19:00 rings a bell?
By kreuzberger
Boiler wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:09 pm One thing that is worth noting is that the charge stops/starts at midnight so it is quite possible to get charged £25 on a ten minute journey.

I'm not terribly convinced that folks without Euro 4/Euro 6 vehicles are a minority either. Like I said earlier, pity the poor sod delivering for Uber Eats or parcels for Evri.
Quite possible? Statistically, yes, but only if you are determined to drive a 1968 Mister Whippy down the Old Kent Road in the wee small hours.

Also, Amazon only delivers until 22:00 and could easily levy a premium for those who can't wait for their order to accompany their cornflakes. Won't someone think of the cocaine runners? Such are the privations of modern life.

These excuses for inaction are, at best, rather fanciful. (That's French for "bollocks", don't you know?)
By Tubby Isaacs
Boiler wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:06 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:31 pm That sounds like very poor design. Is air quality that bad at night anyway? Why does it apply then when the Congestion Charge doesn't?
It's simply the times that the charging applies - midnight to midnight. It seems to have been an oversight. When Crit'Air appeared in Paris there were numerous changes along the way to the current time but the charging period was more or less office hours - 07:00 to 19:00 rings a bell?
Those times seem much more sensible. I just don't get why it doesn't have congestion charge timings to it.
By kreuzberger
Boiler wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:12 pm When you come and live in this country again Kreuzberger, I'll listen you you.

Until then - fuck off.
A little brusque, one might think.

Especially, considering that those braying, "Chels"-supporting white van drivers of Ickefuckinham are emblematic of the cause of child poisonings in inner cities and are now going to the ballot box in defence of their tory-given right to pollute whatever they fucking like.
By Tubby Isaacs
kreuzberger wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:10 pm
Quite possible? Statistically, yes, but only if you are determined to drive a 1968 Mister Whippy down the Old Kent Road in the wee small hours.

Also, Amazon only delivers until 22:00 and could easily levy a premium for those who can't wait for their order to accompany their cornflakes. Won't someone think of the cocaine runners? Such are the privations of modern life.

These excuses for inaction are, at best, rather fanciful. (That's French for "bollocks", don't you know?)
It isn't just Amazon couriers though- I appreciate we've talked about them a lot. It's also night shiftworkers, of whom there are going to be shedloads not particularly well-off ones at Heathrow and adjacent industrial estates alone. I don't get how they can be poisoning kids by driving to work and coming home when the kids are in bed.

The design sounds unnecessarily sloppy, and a gift to people who think it's about "Khan raising money".
By Tubby Isaacs
kreuzberger wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:20 pm

Especially, considering that those braying, "Chels"-supporting white van drivers of Ickefuckinham are emblematic of the cause of child poisonings in inner cities and are now going to the ballot box in defence of their tory-given right to pollute whatever they fucking like.
It was a bit brusque but even the biggest white van cunt in Ickenham is probably not driving the van around for a laugh. He'll be working. You have to be very careful about taxing that regressively.
By kreuzberger
If you can't formulate a post without scurrying back to try to draw its poison...
Boiler wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:12 pm Until then - fuck off.

(Later addition:) I'm not saying there should be no action, because there should; it's just it has been miscalculated and misjudged.
Be my guest.
By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:22 pm
kreuzberger wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:10 pm

It isn't just Amazon couriers though- I appreciate we've talked about them a lot. It's also night shiftworkers, of whom there are going to be shedloads not particularly well-off ones at Heathrow and adjacent industrial estates alone. I don't get how they can be poisoning kids by driving to work and coming home when the kids are in bed.

The design sounds unnecessarily sloppy, and a gift to people who think it's about "Khan raising money".
Dear God, when this whole matter creeps into the normally peaceful and genteel world of my model train collector society you know it's a 'big issue'. I noticed that the vice-chairman, no less has now waded in and told people to stop making derogatory remarks about Khan and to go back and delete them. I've only ever seen one thread there removed in my time...

But taking your latter point Tubbs, pollution doesn't sleep - I'd be more concerned about inadequate accommodation for many.

Elsewhere - no doubt rattled by this - I have seen a loyal Tory supporter drag up Attlee selling the design of the Nene jet engines to the Russians...
By kreuzberger
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:24 pm
kreuzberger wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:20 pm

It was a bit brusque but even the biggest white van cunt in Ickenham is probably not driving the van around for a laugh. He'll be working. You have to be very careful about taxing that regressively.
Indeed, gassing children and adding to the global pollution account is not "a laugh" either. When modest adaptations of behaviour are just too much to ask, there is always the equivalent of "London Weightings". They have existed since god was a girl.
By Tubby Isaacs
kreuzberger wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:33 pm
Indeed, gassing children and adding to the global pollution account is not "a laugh" either. When modest adaptations of behaviour are just too much to ask, there is always the equivalent of "London Weightings". They have existed since god was a girl.
They aren't the only ones causing pollution though. The compliant cars are doing that too, and not being asked to pay anything.

London Weighting is what bigger employers do, and Heathrow is a big employer. But how would you make them pay?
By kreuzberger
A penny on the passenger levy would more than settle that account and a tax code suffix would identify who is entitled. Apparently, they even have computers on The Island.

Personally, I agree with Berlin's vehicle taxation structure which borders on the anal rape for anything above a certain engine capacity. Somewhat less officially, there are now the @T_Extinguishers (Tyre Extinguishers) who target SUVs and who "will make it impossible to own an SUV in the world's urban areas. For climate, health, public safety."
By kreuzberger
I do get that but therein also lies the difference. Labour are transporting the precious vase, although Khan is concentrating on what the destination looks like when they get there. Ideally, it won't resemble Rhodes, but that is neither a given, nor is there any wriggle-room on the climate.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]