By Tubby Isaacs
Strange tweet here.

The anti-Tory front is doing fine- see Selby and Somerton. The issue with Mid Beds is that Labour and the Lib Dems both think they can win it, and will be going hard for it, and anti-Tory voters probably won't know who they should vote for. Not going to be many seats like that in a general election. The Tories holding Mid Beds with 35% would be another Uxbridge. "We've turned the corner! Watch the polls! Oh shit!"

Oboogie liked this
By Yug
kreuzberger wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:54 pm
Boiler wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:30 pm I believe it's called democracy.
You actually think that FPTP is the best on offer?

When did Boiler say FPTP was "the best on offer"? Your memory must be better than mine because I don't remember anyone on this forum ever saying that.
By kreuzberger
Yug wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:23 pm
Boiler wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:30 pm I believe it's called democracy.

When did Boiler say FPTP was "the best on offer"? Your memory must be better than mine because I don't remember anyone on this forum ever saying that.
That was the implication in this needlessly snippy post. I know that. You know that.

And, there isn't that much which you, I or anyone else can teach @Tubby Isaacs about what is and isn't democracy.
By Yug
kreuzberger wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:28 pm
Yug wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:23 pm

That was the implication in this needlessly snippy post. I know that. You know that.

And, there isn't that much which you, I or anyone else can teach @Tubby Isaacs about what is and isn't democracy.
That was the implication you read into it. I just read it as a statement of fact. Because this broken electoral system is called democracy in this country. It just ain't very democratic.
By Tubby Isaacs
Yeah, very few seats in a general election are going to be like Mid Beds. It's just that it's a by-election and it suits both opposition parties to run hard.

Have you seen the Election Maps nowcast? Predicts Tories winning only Cornwall North and Cornwall South East. They could lose both with really sharp tactical voting.
mattomac liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
What a surprise. Labour commissioned poll says "We're clearly the challengers to the Tories, but it's very close!"

Maybe the Lib Dems will come out with one of their own, but if they don't would be surprised if they kept up the full effort.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ne-dorries
By Tubby Isaacs
I wonder if the Lib Dems have stalled in the by-election. Could be why they're pushing this drivel for cheap attention.

Lib Dems say Liz Truss should not get payments from allowance to fund ex-PMs still active in public life
The Liberal Democrats have said that it is an “outrage” that Liz Truss received £23,310 from a fund available for former prime ministers who still play a role in public life between November last year and March 2023.
No money from fund for ex-PMs for ex-PM, Liz Truss, say Lib Dems.

It's not free money for Liz Truss. It's reimbursement of expenses for things that ex-PMs do as ex-PMs. I would think in her first few months, she got a shedload of letters from people who just wanted something with her signature on. Other stuff will be of varying importance "I work for a charity that helps X, will you support us?" "Dear X, sounds like a great cause, I'm happy to endorse what you do".

Would I write to Liz Truss? No. But some people like that sort of thing. And I can't get angry about paying postage and for someone to type the letters.
By mattomac
That’s the worrying one for the Conservatives.

It feels evidently Labour or Cons now in this seat. But if Labour are polling like that in a seat like this in a GE that’s got to concern for the Tories.

Strangely enough I don’t think todays policies will particularly work down there. Also I assume that drop in LD vote is all to play for, Labour could win this a bit like Selby which showed similar polling.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]