By Crabcakes
davidjay wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:27 am This just enforces my belief that I'll be very surprised if Reform don't stand down in some seats come the election.
Apparently they won’t, because Tice’s new wheeze isn’t to influence the Tories via external pressure but rather take them over - damage them so much that he and Farage can just rejoin and immediately become leaders.

There was a reason Nige was at the Tory conference, and it wasn’t just for free booze and fags
By Youngian
If Farage makes it to the next parliament in a by-election and successfully reruns his grift on his gullible marks, Labour will only have itself to blame. Farage’s current approval ratings are similar to Corbyn’s, huge negative polling but voters have the political memories of a guppy fish, especially his target audience. Tories are currently polling one percent among the non target demographic of under 25s. With Nige as leader they could reduce it to zero.
Farage has dangled the prospect of becoming leader of the Conservatives within three years – if the party would readmit him.

“I’d be very surprised if I were not Conservative leader by ‘26. Very surprised,” Farage told PoliticsHome at the launch of Lord Ashcroft‘s biography of the Prime Minister: All To Play For: The Advance of Rishi Sunak in Westminster on Tuesday, which was attended by a number of Conservative MPs.

“They think I’m joking," he added, referring to fellow attendees. "I’m serious.”

Farage later told PoliticsHome that his prediction was in fact made "in jest" https://www.politicshome.com/news/artic ... conference
By Oboogie
I can't see why Farage would want to be Tory leader. That would mean having to do some work and having accountability. All his political life, his grift has been shouting about what should be done without ever having to actually implement anything and be judged on the results.
I can't see how his leadership would benefit the Tories either, the majority of the diminishing number of people who broadly agree with him already vote Tory anyway and a greater number of less batshit Tory voters would be repelled by him.
Tubby Isaacs, Spoonman, Dalem Lake and 2 others liked this
By Youngian
There’s more to life than money, there’s power, vanity and ego. The current Tory membership isn’t interested in reaching out and it will be even smaller and more batshit after the election. After a couple of years of Braverman they’ll conclude someone older, whiter and maler like themselves is what the party needs to revive flagging fortunes.
By Oboogie
Youngian wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:37 pm There’s more to life than money, there’s power, vanity and ego. The current Tory membership isn’t interested in reaching out and it will be even smaller and more batshit after the election. After a couple of years of Braverman they’ll conclude someone older, whiter and maler like themselves is what the party needs to revive flagging fortunes.
I think that money is probably quite important to Farage.

The Leader Of The Opposition really has very little power to DO anything. Farage arguably has more power outside Parliament; a big platform, a bigger salary and fewer constraints.
By Andy McDandy
He has no shame. He'd happily wank for coins if it kept him in the public spotlight. 5 years of trolling in Parliament followed by a weekly column in the Express would suit him just fine.
By Boiler
Youngian wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:12 pm
Youngian wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:37 pm The current Tory membership isn’t interested in reaching out and it will be even smaller and more batshit after the election.
People like Martin
Ah, the "psychotic cunt" wing of the party.

If I were King for a day, they'd all be re-living events at the Piazzale Loreto :evil:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]