By Abernathy
Chris Pincher the sex-pest has resigned, so there will now be yet another by-election, in his Tamworth seat.

The point of interest here, as in Mid- Bedfordshire, is the apparent ruling out of any arrangement, formal or informal, between Labour and the Lib Dems. Both parties fancy their chances in both by-elections, and nobody is about to stand aside or ease off.

Labour will be keen to pick off both seats to build momentum towards the predicted general election victory.
Last edited by Abernathy on Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mattomac
I think it’s going to Labour.

The reasons, the way the by election has happened, the fact the GE candidate isn’t going run but expects someone to stand aside for him in a few months time.

These aren’t seats Labour has to win for a majority but as seen on the night of Selby it allowed Labour a victory to celebrate.

If they were to take Rutherglen the week or so before and then follow it up with one of these or both that would be that.
By Andy McDandy
Because it's Birmingham overspill. Same as suburban Essex. Moved out to have bigger houses and gardens, blame any problems on being forced out by That Lot.
mattomac, Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Abernathy
It was only previously Labour from 1997-2010, I think. Historically, it's something of an iconic Tory town, with Sir Robert Peel's "Tamworth Manifesto" regarded as a milestone in Tory folklore.
mattomac liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
davidjay wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:46 pm Would someone, probably Abers, tell me why Tamworth is such a safe Tory seat when it's basically Birmingham overspill?
What Andy said.

Plus Tory Euroscepticism has probably been a big vote winner from 2015 onwards (when there was a big swing to them, contrary to the national picture. Whether that continues, who knows?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]