:sunglasses: 17.5 % :pray: 12.4 % :laughing: 10.3 % 🧥 1 % :cry: 22.7 % :🤗 35.1 % :poo: 1 %
By Spoonman
My sister tested positive for Covid on the Sunday before last, but has been clear now for nearly a week. And Wednesday last week, my father (whom is in cancer remission) also finally tested positive - thankfully, for someone immunocompromised he's had very little in terms of symptoms, just a bit of a headache and a sore leg for the first few days, the worst thing for him is that he's bored out of his mind - doing a LFT every morning and getting two red lines back is starting to get to him.
mattomac liked this
By Boiler
Spoonman wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:38 pm My sister tested positive for Covid on the Sunday before last, but has been clear now for nearly a week. And Wednesday last week, my father (whom is in cancer remission) also finally tested positive - thankfully, for someone immunocompromised he's had very little in terms of symptoms, just a bit of a headache and a sore leg for the first few days, the worst thing for him is that he's bored out of his mind - doing a LFT every morning and getting two red lines back is starting to get to him.
Best wishes to him, Spoony.
By Bones McCoy
My experience from a week in hospital, pretty close to the ward's control desk:

1. Significant staff shortages due to rostered staff tasting positive.
2. Considerable pressure to accommodate "contact" or "testing incomplete" patients on previously covid free wards.
3. Staff shortages resulting in staff being joggled between covid and non-covid wards to maintain service levels.

Points 2 and 3 indicate pressure of workload breaking down the plan to segregate patients and staff into red and green hospital channels.

The painful reality of point 1 is that a ward staffed by 4 (when 6 are stipulated) loses another who is constantly phoning reserves, banks etc. in the hope of gaining on more nurse for 2-4 hours.

Such realities of "Living with it" don't affect radio phone-in hosts, or junior government ministers.
mattomac, Oboogie liked this
By mattomac
My mum went in for 8 days and my overarching concern was this, not the fact she was really unwell which did concern me, but I knew that might be ok, but a frail woman with lung cancer catching covid while there worried me.

Thankfully she didn’t catch it and is seeing to be getting better, her cancer treatment threw up an unknown reaction which they think it hindsight was more to do with the removal of certain drugs rather than the treatment itself, the treatment is going really well by the way and they are delighted with the reduction of cancer they have seen.

Sorry to go off on a tangent.
davidjay, Spoonman, Malcolm Armsteen and 6 others liked this
By davidjay
mattomac wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:07 pm My mum went in for 8 days and my overarching concern was this, not the fact she was really unwell which did concern me, but I knew that might be ok, but a frail woman with lung cancer catching covid while there worried me.

Thankfully she didn’t catch it and is seeing to be getting better, her cancer treatment threw up an unknown reaction which they think it hindsight was more to do with the removal of certain drugs rather than the treatment itself, the treatment is going really well by the way and they are delighted with the reduction of cancer they have seen.

Sorry to go off on a tangent.
Tangent away with impunity. We could do with some good news.
Malcolm Armsteen, Oboogie, mattomac and 4 others liked this
By Boiler
I switched on my mobile this morning to see the little Covid app shield appear.

It often does this, usually saying "loading... " if I query it.

But today it said "you have been in close contact with someone who tested positive. This occurred on the 25th March 2022."

The sentence "you took your fucking time to tell me" seems appropriate here.

As it stands I've been fine all along, but I'll do a test in a minute anyway.
By Boiler
I'm really not sure what to make of the gov.uk dashboard figures for Covid now, and indeed if the dashboard even has any relevance. We can see that "people testing positive" is falling like a stone but that of course is inevitable now free testing has stopped; yet we see deaths are rocketing, up by 32% in the last week.

I suppose there's always the NHS datasets. I'm just getting a wee bit tired of the funny looks when I go into a supermarket with an FFP2 mask on as I'm increasingly the "odd one out". Mind you, with an uptake of just 58% for all three vaccines in the city... (locally it's 78%, with first dose at 93.3%)

As you can tell, I'm still terrified of catching it.
By Nigredo
Gig I was at last night almost got cancelled because the entire band (frontman excepted) caught COVID. To his credit, he still came out and performed a stonking one man acoustic show for the first half, then cobbled together what electric songs he could with whatever the adoring support bands had learnt in their free time. Thumbs up for making the best of it, and also telling anyone not wearing a face mask to fuck off to the back of the room until they've grown up and no they will not get a song request :lol:
kreuzberger, Boiler liked this
By Oboogie
Hancock and Johnson denied being aware of asymptomatic transmission in Parliament.
They lied.
Not only does judge confirm Vallance raised it on March 13th, it was also in SAGE mins in January.
Opens door to all relatives and care home workers to sue Government.
Meanwhile they partied.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-6 ... 8bXQoeWcqY
Last edited by Oboogie on Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nigredo liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]