:sunglasses: 17.5 % :pray: 12.4 % :laughing: 10.3 % 🧥 1 % :cry: 22.7 % :🤗 35.1 % :poo: 1 %
By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:03 pm New Covid "variants of concern" have been identified, coded BA.4 and BA.5 and were first seen in South Africa.

https://www.euronews.com/next/2022/05/1 ... articular-

Oh dear.
Let us hope that like the original BA, it "ain't gettin on that plane".

Coat?
Whichever contains the fattest wallet...
By Boiler
Social media: Did the pandemic poison online politics?

"People always hunt in a pack on social media" to find something that is a topic of the day and feel as though they have to "rush in and join in and give that person a kicking, that was something I definitely noticed as a trend".

"Covid kind of became the new Brexit," [Ayesha Hazarika] adds, "suddenly you had to fight to the death over masks, and you couldn't take a nuanced position, it had to either be that this was the biggest affront to civil liberties ever, or if you didn't want to wear a mask then you were sort of a murderer".
By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:53 pm Social media: Did the pandemic poison online politics?

"People always hunt in a pack on social media" to find something that is a topic of the day and feel as though they have to "rush in and join in and give that person a kicking, that was something I definitely noticed as a trend".

"Covid kind of became the new Brexit," [Ayesha Hazarika] adds, "suddenly you had to fight to the death over masks, and you couldn't take a nuanced position, it had to either be that this was the biggest affront to civil liberties ever, or if you didn't want to wear a mask then you were sort of a murderer".
"Covid became the new Brexit" shows that online politics was poisoned well before the pandemic.
Boiler liked this
By Boiler
Infections and hospitalisations are starting to rise again, I note. :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61758570

[The ONS] report suggests the small rise is likely to be driven by the BA.4 and BA.5 variants of Omicron.

Studies show these variants may be able to spread slightly more easily than "older" Omicron variants.

The latest estimates suggest around 990,000 people in the UK have Covid.
By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:40 pm Infections and hospitalisations are starting to rise again, I note. :(

[The ONS] report suggests the small rise is likely to be driven by the BA.4 and BA.5 variants of Omicron.

Studies show these variants may be able to spread slightly more easily than "older" Omicron variants.

Meanwhile Lighthouse Labs are preparing to terminate 80% of their testing staff.
Source: Friend whose son works there.
By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:46 pm Well, that's a bit shit, isn't it? Does said son have any alternative avenues to explore?
He's hoping to be one of the fortunate 20% at present.
There are a few opportunities for redeployment to technical arms of the NHS (Health Protection Scotland and Health Facilities Scotland).
No firm numbers on those opportunities yet.
By davidjay
Boiler wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:40 pm Infections and hospitalisations are starting to rise again, I note. :(

It's nice to know I'm one in a million.
By davidjay
Boiler wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:13 am Bugger. How're you doing with it?
Bloody frustrating. I feel otherwise fine - no temperature, aches, scarcely so much as a sniffle, but it's settled on my chest and any sort of exertion has me breathless. I'd love to be out gardening but half an hour's light pottering and I'm done for the day.
By davidjay
Boiler wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:46 am Sorry to hear that, chief. All I can do is wish you get well soon - but do resist the urge to "test yourself".
Thanks. I'm improving; now I'm at the stage where you forget you're still unwell, run up a couple of stairs then collapse in a coughing fit. I'm not well, I'm better.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]