By Samanfur
Youngian wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:38 pm Hot desk hubs may spring up in small towns where home workers can work in a social office atmosphere, there’s an established market for them in the City.
We've already got a couple of them in the town I live in (about forty minutes out of Manchester Victoria). They seem to do well.
Youngian liked this
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:26 am People who would benefit from a return to 5 day commuting/working:

Inner city property owners
Expensive sandwich shop employees
Micromanagers
Sad bastards

People who benefit from hybrid/WFH:

Everyone else
Under Sad Bastards:
That guy who they've sat next to you, doesn't get out much, tries to initiate conversation while you're trying to work.

Waves his copy of the Express.
"Have you seen what the Muslims are trying to do now"...
By slilley
I have just started a new job, gone part time as about to be mortgage free. Go into the office in London one day every other week. Suits me fine. Now Elizabeth Line has opened I can do home to Bond Street in about 35 mins and walk 10 mins or so to new office.

Pre pandemic I was commuting every day to Tower Hill plus a 10 minute walk which was taking me 1hr 15 mins each way and costing me £300 a month.

Quality of life is a big thing and local businesses benefit as I use them for things like groceries and the like.
By Youngian
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:53 am Who could possibly have predicted the Mail push against home working had an ulterior motive?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... nsons-aide
If a sizeable proportion of Mail readers WFH and become non readers, will that reflect their outlook on life? There’s always Mail Online but it’s a clunky mess to click on and read.
Boris Johnson’s top media official said the Daily Mail’s eagerness to get people working in offices during the first Covid lockdown came from being “desperate” to sell newspapers, according to documents released to the official inquiry.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]